Gary D.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I knew he was a bit stocky, but crashing through a deck? How much weight did you put on over the holidays fella?

lol, ultimate ownage

get better gary

I would not worry about gary, Im sure he is doing well. its his elbow i would think about.
grumpie.......

Best Wishes Gary for a quick recovery!

Thanks Lane for the post. Just hung up from Gary, he just got home and is doing much better. Listening to Gary tell his hospital story, sounds like an episode of House (took him an hour to tell me). He had 9 or so antibiotic IV treatments, and now the pills, with follow-up on Friday. Of course, all the guys are supporting him, and he can't say enough about them.

As Lane said, he got hurt on a call, and he played the audio tape of the fall for me. Which sounded like:

(through the snow) step-setp-step-step...

Gary: "Did you call?"

Woman: "yes..", etc

Gary: (step-step - CRASH!)

Woman: You okay?

Gary: Yeah...

pause.

Gary: Oh...augh...

pause.

Gary (calm, but firm): You gotta' get that step fixed...

Not funny at the time, but funny to listen to.

Gary sounded...ah, relaxed (which I'm guessing he had some medicinal help with :eyebrow:).

His next check-up is Friday, and he'll be down for a while, but his spirits are good. Maybe he'll come on line and tell you all about the super Q-Tips. :D

Get better, Gary!

Hi Guy’s. First off, thanks for the support and kind words during my bit of a downward turn.

I’ll post the weeks events, all 8 days of it so far but it will take a while. I’ll do a bit at a time during my frequent short trips to vertical. It includes some dive training and hopefully some UW video.

I should only be down another week or two but this is going to take a bit of time to get totally corrected. So far I don’t think I could have gotten any better care anywhere or better support from my Patrol or Dive team. Yes I did have Gary M’s wife as a nurse. I tried to keep her but Gary M made me give her back. I did it but could have won a fight because I have a lot of good strong firepower and all he has is cold limp hoses. :D

Thanks again and back to horizontal.

Gary D.

Gary: You gotta quiet using the FD's excuse to get 45 days off with pay:D. Get better soon.

Jim:coffee:

Day one:

Sunday 0120 (Blue Monday Eve)

I don’t remember the time but it was early in the shift. It was maybe around 2100 or so. I get a call to an Attempted Suicide at a small single wide mobile home park.

The call sounds serious as the guy has run an object through his hand and is bleeding. He was also in the process of looking for a butcher knife to cut himself with.

The roads were in fairly good shape and I was the first unit to arrive on scene.

I go to the trailer described by dispatch and go up the 4 steps to the deck. As I get there I meet a gal at the top just as the top step gives way. I went from looking her in the eye to looking at her ankles. Here is where Ricks post comes in.

I get myself out and continue looking for the person in the original call who I find next door.

I’m expecting to see a bloody mess yet I see none. To make a long story short he wasn’t a serious suicidal but did want a ride to the mental ward at the hospital. Sorry but I’m not a taxi and he wasn’t a threat to himself or others. Thanks to day shift our mental ward was full and couldn’t take any more. But I did make arrangements to get him a ride into Spokane to another hospital that had room.:dork2:

I finished the shift with some sore knees, elbows and skinned shins but was ok.

Day two (Blue Monday):
I was a bit sore on Monday night’s shift which was expected but ok. I got to bed at around 0745 and set the alarm for noon so I could get ready for Dive Training.

Time to get back to horizontal::shakehead:

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom