Gas Blending Software for MAC/APPLE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fireted

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a decent software program used for gas blending. The 2 or 3 I currently have do not work all that well and are very very clunkly to use.

I am looking for mac software that will enable me to input the current scuba cylinder pressure and contents, fill gas content (o2 %), and tell me what my finial 02 Percent will be. Better yet, scuba tank has 850 psi of 28% Nitrox, cascade has 38%, customer wants 32%. What amount of banked Nitrox do I need to put in before I top with regular air ???

Any suggestion ? Im getting tired of the old pencil and paper route !

Gas Blending Software for MAC/APPLE

All of the software I have works only on real computers, sorry.

:)

All you need is a calculator. And these words. (Want) (Have) (Need) and you can do it faster then any program. In the time you get it up you can it this way its real easy.

tried out ideco.... its ok, but does not allow you to fill from nitrox bank and air top...

If you take the DSAT Gas Blender course or buy the course materials it includes the DSAT software which runs on macs and PC's.

Have to say that referring to a mac as not being a real computer is just plan silly.

If you have an iPhone or Ipod touch, download ideco (free) or ideco pro (~$8 or so). Either have all the gas blending stuff you'll need.

V-Planner for MAC and for iPhone also has a blending utility which I find easier to use than iDeco. Perfect to have it in the palm of your hand right there at the blending station.

There's Mac Gasblender 3. Hasn't been updated in a while, changing the bank mixes for topoffs (defaults to O2/He/Air) to other mixes doesn't
work, but the cost calculator is nice and it generally works.

Greg McLaughlin from Jack's Diving Locker in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, wrote a great partial pressure blending calculator for the iphone that will also work on your web browser. It works best on Firefox or Safari. http://iphone.somemore.com/mixer/

More information about the calculator is available at: http://iphone.somemore.com

He's also got Aps you can download onto your Iphone.

Back
Top Bottom