Gates and HC7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bismark

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the gates HC3 housing will work with the HC7? I can't seem to find out if Gates has released a housing for the HC7 yet. Any input would be great.

Thanks.

Bill Gates makes housings?

Seriously, I've heard it requires some slight modifications but I haven't asked Gates or any of their dealers about it to get a definitive answer.

The Gates HC7 housing will be out in approximately two months. It did need to be redesigned from the HC3 housing. We have already begun accepting orders for the HC7. Although pricing hasnt been officially announced, it should be similarly priced. It will accept the 25 series ports as well and have the money saving "open LCD" design of the HC3 housing!

Thanks for the information. 2 months heh? Going to the Caymans on May 26, maybe.......

Dr Bill, I think Bill Gates younger brother Tony makes the housings :)

That's what I LOVE about my simple little housing. All I need to do is send it into the manufacturer and pay $150 to have the printed circuit boards upgraded and I'll be able to access the still image features on the HC-7. I'm told the next iteration, ready in a few months, will access the white balance as well. I'll upgrade my other housing with that PCB.

I don't know about Gates, but I got the Ocean Images HC7 housing. I haven't been able to try it out yet, but I wanted you to know that it is available.

Although I do not have confirmation, I do not believe the Gates HC7 housing will have access to the MWB control. Neither does the Amphibico housing (although its a great deal and includes a 3.5" Monitor back). The Light & Motion housing will access the MWB feature. Of these 3, only the Amphibico is ready for shipping at this time.

Hey guys we got word today from Gates that the new Hc7 housing WILL have a Manual White Balance control via the LCD (similar to that of the HC1 access).

Back
Top Bottom