Gauges, gauges, gauges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jj_freelord

Reaction score
Well, dear friends, with the bc stewing (read awaiting answers to dumb questions put to the manufacturer) my next frustration would be the big thing with ticks and numbers at the other end of the octo. I'm coveting the Veo 250 or 180 (small, sleek, sexy and a little over my budget). I'd like advice (as usual). I want, need, die for(?) a console+compass--analog maybe--that's just as small, sleek and sexy AND won't burn too big a hole in my pocket. Suggestions? Anyone with extras who'd like to unload them? :05:

jj_freelord:
Well, dear friends, with the bc stewing (read awaiting answers to dumb questions put to the manufacturer) my next frustration would be the big thing with ticks and numbers at the other end of the octo. I'm coveting the Veo 250 or 180 (small, sleek, sexy and a little over my budget). I'd like advice (as usual). I want, need, die for(?) a console+compass--analog maybe--that's just as small, sleek and sexy AND won't burn too big a hole in my pocket. Suggestions? Anyone with extras who'd like to unload them? :05:
aqualung mini with compass. PSI and BAR gas measurement

IST SPG, small.

if you have a dive computer you don't really need to get a depth guage beside your SPG

for a compass suunto wrist compass. around 1k

i wouldnt get a console system as they tend to be bulky. you can just get a small air gauge. cost around 3k., for the compass i agree with pao, wrist mounted is the way to go.

jj_freelord:
ask twomixdiver nga... all you need is a small, sleek, simple SPG from IST... if you like spending, Mares or DiveRite... if you don't have a comp yet then a dual guage w/ SPG and depth would be good... it's a good backup also if the comp goes woopi on you underwater

personally i don't like huge guages, they're heavy and i call them "coral crushers"

Jag

I'd have to agree with Pao and Spoon. If you're gonna get a dive computer, just get a SPG console without the depth gauge. IMO, you don't need a bulky brick-sized console to carry around.

And the gauge Yomar is talking about is the one I have. It's awesome cause it's small, sleek, and out of the way. I'd reco that anytime - and it won't eat into your budget.

Here's a link that might help you out on this decision:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=124704

At first I wanted to go with a large console, but thank God pao and Jonix talked me out of it! But of course, to each his own and if you do go with the fully loaded console, take a look at the link Yomar gave.

Hope that helps!

chip104:
I'd have to agree with Pao and Spoon. If you're gonna get a dive computer, just get a SPG console without the depth gauge. IMO, you don't need a bulky brick-sized console to carry around.

And the gauge Yomar is talking about is the one I have. It's awesome cause it's small, sleek, and out of the way. I'd reco that anytime - and it won't eat into your budget.

Here's a link that might help you out on this decision:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=124704

At first I wanted to go with a large console, but thank God pao and Jonix talked me out of it! But of course, to each his own and if you do go with the fully loaded console, take a look at the link Yomar gave.

Hope that helps!

well said young jedi:)

I don't have a computer. Not too keen on having it on my wrist. One of the reasons I want it small and sleek, hydrodynamic-wise. Clip it to my chest someway. I don't like bricks either. Reminds me of swim training when I was 12.

And are these things available in the country (Manila preferably) without too much of a price difference from outside?

Back
Top Bottom