GC Dive Report - Planning my next trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotdiver

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not going to give you the blow by blow report. But, I will tell you this was one of the best dive trips I've ever had.

We stayed at the Discovery Pointe Club.....GASP! that's not on the East End. It's on the north end of seven mile beach....Forgive me! We stayed in a two bedroom, oceanfront condo for $280US per night. (5th night free / 2 couples)

We dove with Indigo diver. Indigodiver.com. They have a 28' Sea Ray. The first two days we dove Big Tunnel, Trinity Caves, Northwest Point and a couple other sites. The next two days we dove the North Wall on several sites; Eagle Ray Pass, Lemon and a couple others. We saw sharks, eagle rays, turtles, the whole deal. 80+ temp and 100+ viz every day.

Captain Chris and his wife Kate, also an instructer, absolutely took care of us. We had a max of six divers per trip. That's "six" not sixteen like a lot of boats. (Kate, I know you monitor the board....I hope Chris took you somewhere nice on your anniversary, not that same sushi bar he takes you every week.)

The food....The Wharf and the Calypso Grill..that's all you need to know. Get reservations there and fill in the other dates how ever.

God willing, I'll be back next year!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. What kind of your sharks did you see? When I was diving the East End (which was supposed to be shark central) and the sightings were kind of sporadic.

Mantasscareme:
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. What kind of your sharks did you see? When I was diving the East End (which was supposed to be shark central) and the sightings were kind of sporadic.

Just the occasional Reef shark. Ours sightings were sporadic as well, but I was just glad to see them since we weren't in "shark central".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom