G'day from South Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NickBGU4

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone, my name is Nick and I live near Adelaide, South Australia. Scuba diving was something that I have always wanted to do but I had never got around to. My girlfriend and I spent a month in Hawaii back in April and the aim was to do as much snorkelling on each of the 4 islands we were staying at (Oahu, Kona, Maui & Kauii) as we could. I had the opportunity to try a SNUBA dive first on Oahu and then on Kona (Captain Cook Memorial) and I loved it. When we got to Maui, the hotel we were staying at were offering a SCUBA diving introduction in the hotel pool. I was then asked if I wanted to dive with the instructor off the beach behind the hotel. It was incredible, I was totally hooked. I got to play with an octopus, saw a few large green sea turtles and we could hear Humpback wales singing in the distance. The first thing I did when we got home was to get my open water certification. I am lucky enough to have a fantastic dive shop 5 minutes from home (Southern Diving at Christies Beach). My instructor (Dave) was excellent, and Peter (the owner) got me set up with some fantastic gear. I couldn't recommend these guys highly enough, they really know their stuff. We have a small reef at Port Noarlunga and I dive there when I can, as well as a few local wrecks that the dive shop takes their boat out too fairly regularly. My aim is to do a few more courses and get to Master Diver.

hey nick..welcome to SB! youve got some awesome diving in SA...went way out of my way one trip to get down there just to see leafy sea dragons..just amazing. hope to get back there again someday soon

hey nick..welcome to SB! youve got some awesome diving in SA...went way out of my way one trip to get down there just to see leafy sea dragons..just amazing. hope to get back there again someday soon

Hi ocdiver1, thanks for the welcome. The diving here is really good, plenty of great spots less than an hour away. I haven't seen a leafy sea dragon yet. A group of us went to Rapid Bay on a camping trip a few weeks ago to try and see them, but the diving conditions were lousy so we didn't dive.

Hi Nick,

Great to hear from another South Aussie. Well if you live South have you heard of the Finders University Underwater Club? We're a uni club with a lot of diving experience under our belt. Our meetings are on Thursday evenings, and we go out just about every weekend and do weekday trips particularly over the holidays. Come and stop by if you have a chance, links below.

FaceBook page

Flinders University Underwater Club Website

Cheers,
Joseph

Hi everyone, my name is Nick and I live near Adelaide, South Australia. Scuba diving was something that I have always wanted to do but I had never got around to. My girlfriend and I spent a month in Hawaii back in April and the aim was to do as much snorkelling on each of the 4 islands we were staying at (Oahu, Kona, Maui & Kauii) as we could. I had the opportunity to try a SNUBA dive first on Oahu and then on Kona (Captain Cook Memorial) and I loved it. When we got to Maui, the hotel we were staying at were offering a SCUBA diving introduction in the hotel pool. I was then asked if I wanted to dive with the instructor off the beach behind the hotel. It was incredible, I was totally hooked. I got to play with an octopus, saw a few large green sea turtles and we could hear Humpback wales singing in the distance. The first thing I did when we got home was to get my open water certification. I am lucky enough to have a fantastic dive shop 5 minutes from home (Southern Diving at Christies Beach). My instructor (Dave) was excellent, and Peter (the owner) got me set up with some fantastic gear. I couldn't recommend these guys highly enough, they really know their stuff. We have a small reef at Port Noarlunga and I dive there when I can, as well as a few local wrecks that the dive shop takes their boat out too fairly regularly. My aim is to do a few more courses and get to Master Diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom