G'Day guys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zacrifice

Reaction score
Hey Guys
Well I joined just yesterday, so I best say Hi :)

I was PADI certified not too many moons ago, have done the 4 open water dives of course to get certified, have done another 4 dives just a few weeks ago from Hamilton island in australias queensland, was wonderful to say the least!

Actually, it is the best bloody thing I have ever done, the sensation of freedom to move in any direction you choose is completly mind boggoling too me, and everything I get to look at and explor!

Anyway back to what I was saying
I just wanted to say hello, and let everyone know that I'll be asking lots of questions soon, also hope I can return the fav by answering other questions or such on this forum :)

Its good to find a great forum that also has stuff on australia (how rare it is when its not totally australian dedicated)

Umm other hobbies, well, Marine Reef keeping :) (Wondering why I got into Scuba hehehe) Computers, books, movies, coffee, having fun, ya know, them sort of things!

Well thanks for listening, Great to be here, and can't wait to go scuba diving again!

BTW, You guys have WAY too many smilies to choose from!

to the Scuba Board!
Gu-day to you also. PM me when the shrimp on the BarB is done :drooling: O heck have Barbie PM me when she's done with the shrimp wink
Zacrifice said

Mike :cheers:
:wave-smil

Hey Zac:

Seen your post and wanted to be the first to welcome you aboard. I myself have been diving for about 4 yrs now{ 82 logged dives }and it seems that i just can't get enough of it. I live in in the eastern part of the united states and most of my diving is usually mountain lakes and/or quarry diving at high altitude in which is a little different type of diving. Usually at 3,800ft above sea levil. I do manage to make a few trips down Florida way at the springs which is real out of site.

Yes, this is a great forum in which anyone can find out anything about scuba , what it's like diving around the world and a great group of experience divers.

Hope to enjoy your questions and would like to hear about diving in oz.
Safe diving......

G'day mate.....................

Sam

I am envious of you people that live at ocean. I live in Monticello, Ny and dive in fresh water lakes and rivers when I do not want to travel. I rationalize that it makes me a better diver but I sure would like to dive in tropical water every day.

And welcome to SB! :wavey: Put us in your Favorites, and check in often.

Zacrifice:

You have smilies? I haven't had any in days?! Thought they'd beeen pulled for site construction. Maybe I've already used my annual allotment. :D

don

and welcome to SB!

Great group of folks and great info, always at your fingertips!

hahahaha the BBQ is done, but she suffered damage from the heat!

the prawns look nice tho! :p

Its not always actually warm waters here, I live in sydney and I can tell you, in winter we get cold water currants that are in the 16c area. Alright maybe thats not soo cold for most of you guys, but come on, I'm used to the warm climate! :p

Diving in Australia is fantastic, only done it on the GBR so far, so can't comment on anywhere else, but I can tell you from there that its an absolute ball, rolling off the edge of a boat into the warm water with a 5mm shorty (and sting suit last few times) and actually having to upzip the wetty a little because its too hot, the decending down and going for brillient dives and getting to see a HUGE assortment of corals, inverts and fish (I never relized the size brittle fish can get too)

Need to go do a search on bouncy and breathing technices and maybe a few posts on it too, so I am sure I'll get too speak to you guys all very soon :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom