Gear Cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zbskii

Contributor
Reaction score
Just a random question, but how do you guys pay for all this stuff? I've got my basic gear used, online, and on sale and paid all in cash, but now I'm thinking about putting my drysuit on my credit card. Guess I've got the scuba in my blood now. :)

Last year worked 550 hours of overtime at job number one. second job made about 11 grand gross. spent just over 7500 on gear, courses, travel and motel expenses. we go for a weekend and it usually a 2 1/2 hour drive. This year ot cut way back but still spent another 2000 so far! Still have to get IDC crewpack this year!!

zbskii:
Just a random question, but how do you guys pay for all this stuff? I've got my basic gear used, online, and on sale and paid all in cash, but now I'm thinking about putting my drysuit on my credit card. Guess I've got the scuba in my blood now. :)

I got a lot of money tied up in gear but I just buy a little at a time and it doesn't hurt so bad. Look for good deals. I've had good luck with e-bay on several items (eg. drysuit $480 brand new). Diver's Supply is hard to beat on manifolds and bands. Leisure Pro has some good prices on lots of stuff. I've even bought some stuff from a dealer a time or two. I don't worry about a warranty; just service the regs myself (shhhhh don't tell).

Well, I sold my old camping trailer to buy my HID light. Tax returns go to diving. A little saved here, a little saved there...

Faith!

i got m gear over a year or so.

i have new gear (but not the most expensive), and it meant cutting into my whole month's salary mostly and borrowing once or twice.

Uncle Sam is going to buy my gear this winter. I just spend money that should have gone to a bill or two for my basics, and lessons this summer. Priorities you know. Now to broke to travel to dive somewhere warm and the local quarry closed *sigh*

Try cave diving !!!! I've got two sets of doubles and four random single tanks sitting in my guest bedroom. This morning my girlfriend says " I think I wanna get a couple more cylinders". I'm thinking I need a bigger house to store my dive gear !!! Ugggg !!!!! gotta love it ! As for paying for it, I work to much to be able to use all my gear. But at least I got.......Hee Hee

I work part time for a local dive shop as a Divemaster, webmaster and whatever else they need in exchange for a few bucks in store credit and price breaks. I don't even want to think about what I've spent over the years but I have a garage full of gear including at least 2 of everything and 4 of most.

zbskii:
I divorced my wife and sold my house ...

... no kidding ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom