gear help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

enjoy scuba it is fun
as for equipment list were you think you are going to dive
then look at the gear you think you will need
example wet suit why own 2 , just get a 7mil and jacket that way you can dive realy cold water or dive nice and warm in 60deg water with just the suit no jacket , 7mil botties same idea , bc back inflat way to go what if in 3 years you want to go tech ,jacket is not for tech , reg get a cold water top of line again 2-5 years you and some buddies might want to dive off vancover b.c realy great diveing 54deg water , computer buy an aries atmos 2 , good entry level comp air and ean mix ,if you do go tech you can use it as back up ,besides 2-5 years comp will changes so much by then . on the bc go weight intergreated safes messing with a welt belt

DandyDon:
My reccommendations...?

And don't ever buy a Shorty Wetsuit, even for a warm water trip. Always buy longs, in 1 mil, 3, 7, whatever...?

As I am looking to do just that at this very moment, why not? I am making a second trip to Curacao next month, and will actually save money buying. I will rent the BC and reg, but my wife prefers that we buy the suits, since we did get a couple of ripe ones last trip. The dive shop near the hotel is well regarded, but there will also be times when we'd rather not make a trip to get just the suit. (My Dutch from Dallas friend grew up there, diving at every chance, so he is a t-shirt diver in this water - I noted on our last dive together that he keeps up a good pace, maybe to keep warm.)

John
(from Lubbock)

nonameisgood:
As I am looking to do just that at this very moment, why not? I am making a second trip to Curacao next month, and will actually save money buying. I will rent the BC and reg, but my wife prefers that we buy the suits, since we did get a couple of ripe ones last trip. The dive shop near the hotel is well regarded, but there will also be times when we'd rather not make a trip to get just the suit. (My Dutch from Dallas friend grew up there, diving at every chance, so he is a t-shirt diver in this water - I noted on our last dive together that he keeps up a good pace, maybe to keep warm.)

John
(from Lubbock)

Hey John!

Yeah, my own suits was a priority early on - I wanted to dive in suits no one else had ever dived in. But since then, I've seen the Regs & BCs being rented, and I've developed a strong feeling of owning your own. Also own and carry a Safety Sausage and Storm Whistle on every dive.

Take a look at this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=49291&highlight=vacation

If you're doing the Bottomless Lake dives with some Lubbock area folks in 2 weeks, I suggest a 7 mil with neoprene beanie, gloves, boots - minimum.

DandyDon:
If you're doing the Bottomless Lake dives with some Lubbock area folks in 2 weeks, I suggest a 7 mil with neoprene beanie, gloves, boots - minimum.
I agree with you on the rental equipment, but being that I am back in grad school after 15 years in the real world, money is the issue. My goal is to have it in time for next year.

I leave for Curacao May 15, so no NM for me.

While we are on the subject, sort of, any recommendations for LDS in Lubbock - reply off-line if you prefer.

John

nonameisgood:
I agree with you on the rental equipment, but being that I am back in grad school after 15 years in the real world, money is the issue. My goal is to have it in time for next year.

I leave for Curacao May 15, so no NM for me.

While we are on the subject, sort of, any recommendations for LDS in Lubbock - reply off-line if you prefer.

John

Okay, I like South West Aqua Sports, across from The Mall. Ph 780-2782. Tell Rachelle I referred you; she's knows DandyDon. I tried the older one, but I'll not say why all I quit, at least not here.

And rent your gear there, to take with you. Much safer!!

And click the link in my Sig area below about Bottomless Lakes dives in 2 weeks...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom