Gear Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I purchased a 2 door plastic locker from home depot for 65.00 and installed only 1 shelf in it and a rod to hang wetsuits from. It is large enough to store my weights, 2 tanks in the bottom and hang my B.C. and 5 different wet suits up. I can put hood, gloves, booties on top shelf. I do have a Storm hard case that I store on top with my fins and other misc. gear in. This works very well since my daughter moved back in and I got booted out of spare bedroom and to the garage. However I did leave my 3' by 5' dive flag on her wall just to reminder her some day I will be back.

I use my laundry/utility room in my basement. I soak my wetsuit, bcd etc in the tubs down there and then hang them over the floor drain. Floor is concrete nothing to ruin. I also have a nice shelving unit with plastic shelves with holes good air flow. I do my best to avoid that funky smell.:eek:

mmMmm sounds nice and moldy Bob3
Just the stuff in FL, not 'nuff humidity in CA to grow mold unless ya keep it watered between soakings.
Stuff in FL doesn't get enough use, gotta fix that.

Ah we get enough use, but we get the mold incredibly fast down here, its just so humid, wasnt thinking about the dryness over there.

I soak my stuff in the tub with some simple green after washing with hose outside and flushing BCD. I hang it in on the shower rod after it soaks. When dry BCD, reg set, fins mask, hood, boots and wetsuit are either hung or shelf stored im bedroom closet. The rest of my stuff is cleaned dried and stored in my roll around duffel.

I modified a set of plans from a Black & Decker book and made a locker to handle ours.

I mounted the whole rig on 6 castor wheels so I can roll it anywhere I need, like outside to take pictures of it. I keep it in the garage.

This is my locker closed. I mounted hooks on the side to hang bits of gear to dry. I used a couple of U-bolts on the top to mount a hanger rod. I slid it out to the side when I need to hang suits up to dry, slide it back in when I need it out of the way. I keep this in my garage & put a large rubbermaid tub next to it for the gear to drip into:

locker1.JPG

This is a look at the inside. I can get 6 tanks in the space under the shelf on the right. Both my poke pole and speargun fit inside the left compartment, as well as all the wet suits & BC's, extra jackets & such:

locker3.JPG

Approximate dimensions of the locker are 48 wide, 24 deep by 6 ft 6 inches tall, not counting the wheels. The top, bottom, sides and shelves are 3/4 treated plywood, the back is a 1/8 panel and the doors are 1/8 pegboard.

I mostly use the right side to dry gear before storing it, and have hooks on the left wall to hang our gear bags from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom