Gear Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Word of warning: I've filled it full & really need to make a 2nd one. The plywood is expensive. I made that when it was just me & my wife was thinking about it. Now she's a diver & my daughter got certified this year, so I have lots of gear for 3 people to deal with.

I could really get by with simply a good place to hand wet suits, everything else in the locker. If I can figure out a way to do that in my over-full garage, it would be a much more cost effective solution than a 2nd locker.

So nobody uses their gear as home decorations? I was thinking of hanging up my fins and mask on a wall cause I think they are beautiful

Our gear takes up a spare bedroom. Garage temps in an Arizona summer can reach 130degrees and I didn't want to subject our gear, especially full tanks, to that kind of heat. But I have to say,Wayward Son's storage bin is Awesome!

waywardson, um.........WOW . Great job on the locker!

SteveFass:
So nobody uses their gear as home decorations? I was thinking of hanging up my fins and mask on a wall cause I think they are beautiful

HAHA. I actually contemplated this at one time! It would solve the "no storage room in a apartment" issue and it would remind me that if the gear is hanging on the wall, that means I am not diving :no

SteveFass:
Friend of mine had a water bed and mask, fins and snokel in a metal case with a glass door that was on the wall with a sign, "In Case of Emergency Break Glass." I guess that's decor?

Wish I had a room to dedicate to diving equipment too..
Mostly we (me n buddy) store them in our 1.5 x 1.5 meter store room with many other things.
- I got this squarish thick wire mesh on the wall, about 0.8 x 1.2 meter, where we hang 2 sets of bcd (harness/backplate + 2 bladder), our misc diving equipment like torch, mask.

- We hang two S metal to one of the tupperware on top of the storeroom (which filled with other things), at the other end of the S metal we hang the regulators.

- Fins are keep inside the diving bag, so are masks, booties. We have this huge diving bag which can fits 2 sets.

- Wetsuits and vest we hang on the storeroom's door.

- Camera, buddy keep it in drycase inside cupboard in the bedroom, same with me but I keep my uw casing in lunch box (my camera is so tiny), my camera I carry in my bag everyday, because it's also so tiny. :)

Anyway, I have this advantage of diving in tropical water. My thickest wetsuit is 3 mm, and we don't have tanks (very seldom divers here have). Buddy backplate and my travel wing are very compact too, the biggest and tidiest and heaviest things in our equipment are fins, the smelliest are booties, in case any of you want to know. :D

... we get the mold incredibly fast down here, its just so humid ...
I hear ya. We clean the hookah hoses out every year (two 150 footers) by running vinegar & little "piglets" through them (little wads of paper towel). It's surprising how fast those little slugs can get moving with a couple hundred psi pushing them that far. :eyebrow:
(gotta test the hose & fittings too, ya know.)

Wayward Son, have you given any thought to putting some larger wheels on that locker & just tow it to the dive site? :D

I have 2 hanger racks that I purchased at Target some time ago. One I keep in the garage and use that to hang my gear on once it has been rinsed so it can drip dry in the garage. Once all the drips are gone I move it into the guest bathroom where I have a secondary shower curtain bar and let it dry completely there.

Once dry I move it to the second rack in the laundry room where it stays most of the time when I am not diving. I keep my tanks in a hall closet.

I rinse my gear out, hang it up to dry, and then put it in my closet.

closet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom