Gear storage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sheepdog

Contributor
Reaction score
The problem I am running into is no place to store my equipment. I would like to hang it up instead of stuffing it and storing it in a gear bag. I have a garage but it is unattached and has no temperature controls I also have an attic. Would storing my gear in either the attic or garage cause any damage?

I should add my regs and computers will not be stored there. It would be the suits BCD, and other misc gear. Hung on a storage rack covered some how.

I don't think the temperature would bother it much, but you have to be concerned about the humidity and the creatures living in both places you mentioned. Wouldn't want things living in or growing on and in your regs and other equipment. I think the garage would be the best place for them.

I would put it in the garage before the attic, but I would put it in one of those large plastic containers.

I would put it in the garage before the attic, but I would put it in one of those large plastic containers.

I thought hanging it would be better?

If you want to hang it, how about zipped garment bags? Gown length for wetsuit, several suit size for the BC and a sweater stack for etc. The suit size often come with a thin bar to hang from inside. I wouldn’t put the weight of a BC on it but find one that slips over the hanger. I’d be sure to get the hangers made for dive gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom