Gear Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

horn34

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any recommendations besides Cozumel Scuba Repair? They have a nice storage deal, but are only open M-F 10am-5pm....so if you arrive in Cozumel on Friday at 5pm, you aren't getting your gear until Monday at 10am.

There was a discussion on a FB group about what businesses people wanted to see and "storage" was mentioned. I echoed that wish and received a FB message from Rita Michelle Absher who is apparently planning to open one. Here is the message.

"We are opening a storage facility that will be able to store your scuba gear in an environmentally control area. It will be about $15 a month. Let us know next time you are down and we'll show you. Or call +52 987 103 8802"

There was a discussion on a FB group about what businesses people wanted to see and "storage" was mentioned. I echoed that wish and received a FB message from Rita Michelle Absher who is apparently planning to open one. Here is the message.

"We are opening a storage facility that will be able to store your scuba gear in an environmentally control area. It will be about $15 a month. Let us know next time you are down and we'll show you. Or call +52 987 103 8802"
Sounds like a great idea, but I'm pretty leery of leaving 1000's of dollars in scuba gear with a stranger in Cozumel who has a brand new business.

Sounds like a great idea, but I'm pretty leery of leaving 1000's of dollars in scuba gear with a stranger in Cozumel who has a brand new business.

Right? I didn't mean it as a "recommendation", just passing along info. For all I know it's just a room in someone's house.

They have a nice storage deal, but are only open M-F 10am-5pm....so if you arrive in Cozumel on Friday at 5pm, you aren't getting your gear until Monday at 10am.
Could you have someone at your dive op pull your gear out of storage for you during their business hours before you arrive? Many ops do business with them. Just a thought…

Maybe just rent a storage unit?
Not a recommendation; just the results of a quick Google search...

Maybe just rent a storage unit?
Not a recommendation; just the results of a quick Google search...

Where is this located? Does it actually exist? The page looks like it's about property rentals.

Could you have someone at your dive op pull your gear out of storage for you during their business hours before you arrive? Many ops do business with them. Just a thought…
Suba Repair doesn't mention anything in their storage policies about letting someone else pick up your gear for you, and I wouldn't want to use them if they allow it. All they require to get your stuff ready is an email.

If I was a bad person and knew you had gear stored there, I could easily spoof your email address and send them a "Hey, this is AdivingBel, my friend Horn34 will be picking up my gear for me" and score a bunch of free dive gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom