General Vortex Incident Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was mentioned elsewhere that he needed the yoke reg because he was transferring it to his stage bottles at depth. Ignoring the problems with switching regs at depth, it would have been safer to have a 200bar valve and use an insert (imho at least).

I'm guessing that's his inflator running under his ScubaPro second stage?

The saddest part is that he could have paid for all of his cavern/cave classes with the cost of that computer on his wrist. He could have gone through the classes a second time for what he spent on the 130's, valves and secondary reg :shakehead:

Okay, I'll rephrase that...I know a few GUE trained divers that are smokers. And I also know of GUE trained divers on the Wakulla project that smoked...at Ed Ball State Park...during projects...

So I guess the WKPP does allow non-DIR divers to dive with them... :crafty:

And who exactly might that be? I've been to Wakulla once (or twice), and I've never seen any of that.

Or is this another issue you're just going to keep quite about?:idk:

OK, I haven't posted much in this thread because I don't do caves.

However, looking at the pic in post #1670, he seems to be a right stout fellow.

Now from what I gather from all of those that know and who have posted in this thread, the restrictions to the point where the recovery divers have gone are quite small.

Now I don't care where ya come from, what your training is, or what ya believe . . .

. . . ya can't put 10 pounds of poop in a 5 pound bag.

Just my uneducated observation . . .

the K

I think if someone decides to keep a tobacco addiction to themselves (even if they say they are GUE or DIR), Scubaboard is not the place to "out" them!

OK, I haven't posted much in this thread because I don't do caves.

However, looking at the pic in post #1670, he seems to be a right stout fellow.

Now from what I gather from all of those that know and who have posted in this thread, the restrictions to the point where the recovery divers have gone are quite small.

Now I don't care where ya come from, what your training is, or what ya believe . . .

. . . ya can't put 10 pounds of poop in a 5 pound bag.

Just my uneducated observation . . .

the K

Well that's colorful. Since they won't listen to what people who know have told them maybe that will work :D. Way to go K.

It's that type of attitude and rigidity that turns people off from what would otherwise be an attractive set of principles.

Striving to be the best and smoking is in direct contradiction. Their instructors are nearly always booked months in advance...

Striving to be the best and smoking is in direct contradiction. Their instructors are nearly always booked months in advance...

So are instructors of different agencies. Being booked months in advance is not something special just for GUE instructors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom