General Vortex Incident Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There goes my vision and perception, I didn't even notice a marshmallow.....:dork2:

No, they are trying to find divers to pay, which is sad to me.

Just out of curiosity, in many jurisdictions, once money changes hands, this would become a commercial diving operation, subject to all the OSHA-type regulations such as time/depth limits, support divers, surface supplied gas, on-site medical and recompression facilities, or saturation diving systems. I was once told this is one reason expenses are usually paid for by the rescuers in IUCRR-sanctioned operations.

How much of this would apply at this location?

If I didn't have a body to mourn or bury, but had an idea of where it might be, I'd do all I could to have it recovered.

It seems to me that everything that can be done in Vortex has already been done.

Just out of curiosity, in many jurisdictions, once money changes hands, this would become a commercial diving operation, subject to all the OSHA-type regulations such as time/depth limits, support divers, surface supplied gas, on-site medical and recompression facilities, or saturation diving systems. I was once told this is one reason expenses are usually paid for by the rescuers in IUCRR-sanctioned operations.

How much of this would apply at this location?

Honestly I believe that would bankrupt that county.

It seems to me that everything that can be done in Vortex has already been done.

Not yet, they haven't run a metal detector through it! :wink:

Did I wander into the Hot Chick Thread? :idk:

No offense intended, but it seems to me the family doesn't share your opinion. This is why it's heartbreaking to hear they are offering to pay divers to continue the recovery (if there is a body) effort. They're not thinking clearly. I ask the diving community to have patience with them while they deal with their loss.

Not yet, they haven't run a metal detector through it! :wink:

Did I wonder into the Hot Chick Thread? :idk:
You wAndered there, yes. :D

:blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom