Generic LP seats - Where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick question for you. Your ad shows the Zeagle first stage kit as being applicable to the ReZort. All the documents I've seen show 2 Zeagle first stage kits, one for diaphragm, and one for piston. Is this a new kit, or just a typo?

Jim

Ooops... Yes, we were going to add a drop down option for which reg - but probably less confusing if we make them separate products.

I have been watching this thread, and went to the McMaster-carr website. There is a confusing amount of info about the various types and hardnesses of rubber sheeting. Does anyone have any opinions as to the best type and best hardness on their three different scales. I will be making LP seats and fiber reinforced HP diaphragms. I was leaning towards EDPM for LP and Viton for diaphragms but I have also seen a source for kevlar reinforced rubber but I think this may be overkill since the rubber fails before the fiber, Thought/opinions always welcome. Regards and Thanks in advance

For LP seats, I went with M-C's EPDM in duro 80. I tried duro 60, 70, and 80. Just by feel, the duro 60 seemed too soft.

I will be making LP seats and fiber reinforced HP diaphragms.

Are you just going to re-use the thrust washers? (Thrust washers=the plastic washer that at least USD regs use to keep the diaphragm from spinning when you tighten down the cap)

Are you just going to re-use the thrust washers? (Thrust washers=the plastic washer that at least USD regs use to keep the diaphragm from spinning when you tighten down the cap)

Since the thrust washers are a static part, there is no reason to not reuse them if they are in good condition. In my case, I do service work on Dacor regulators, and the thrust washers are stainless steel. I have reused the nylon washers with excellent results, but you do have to be aware that there is a positioning issue with both types [top or bottom]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom