Generic LP seats - Where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beanojones

Contributor
Reaction score
Generic LP seats - Where to buy?

Where can I get a mess of LP seats for both balanced and unbalanced second stages?

You can buy sheet neoprene in various hardness and thickness from Mcmaster-Carr. That and a set of hole punches and you can cut your own. I also believe they have sheet silicone too.

For unbalanced scubapro regs, I used a 9/32nds punch and a small sheet of 1/16th inch EPDM, duro 80 from M-C. I figure the cost to be 2 to 3 cents per seat including the price of the tool. My only concern is whether the tool will last longer than me as the small sheet looks like it will make about 700 seats.

Some mfgrs may require a different diameter seat (1/4th inch). I suspect it would be much more difficult to DIY seats for a balanced 2nd.

Which works better neoprene, or EPDM? Is 1/16" the way to go?

Balanced seats are not flat and at least some even have a metal insert in the center.

I will definitely look into making my own regular flat seats.

Does anyone know where I can buy a bunch of premade ones? Like 30 Atomic seats, or 30 Apeks seats?

Here's question: is the reinforced neoprene the stuff I can make first stage diaphragms with?

Do you know the part number of which Mcmaster-Carr sheets you bought? They have a confusing amount of stuff.

Also I cannot find a 9/32" punch.

Do you know the part number of which Mcmaster-Carr sheets you bought? They have a confusing amount of stuff.

8985K125 - 1/16 in. EPDM, duro 80

3424A22 - 9/32 in hole punch

Which works better neoprene, or EPDM? Is 1/16" the way to go?

Balanced seats are not flat and at least some even have a metal insert in the center.

I will definitely look into making my own regular flat seats.

Does anyone know where I can buy a bunch of premade ones? Like 30 Atomic seats, or 30 Apeks seats?

For the balanced second stage seats check out trident, I was just looking at their online catalog yesterday and saw them. They also have a selection of LP seats for unbalanced regs.

Hi Brett,

If I am not mistaken, Trident does not sell to the public. Do you make orders from them and sell their items to the DYI crowd?

c

Back
Top Bottom