Manufacture seats for 156 -G250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MARK74

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys, every time I have to change the seat of my 156 they charge me 6€+5€ shipping or else I have to pay 25€ for a G250 maintenance kit, just to get what I need which is a pair of or -rings and seat. I have made seats for my first and second unbalanced but never for the 2nd balanced. Have any of you done it? Ideas please. Thanks and regards
IMG-20230520-WA0001.jpeg

Do you mean the seat for an S-wing poppet?
that is easy to find at quite low prices:
Trident Catalog-B (part n. A148)
Just buy 10 and you are OK for years...
As you see this is a rubber part of complex shape, mushroom-shaped with a central hole, almost impossible for DIY.
See here from the Scubapro part list, it is n. 27:

S-wing-poppet.png

Hi Angelo, thanks for the link. That's what I was afraid of, that it couldn't be done DIY, here in Spain I can find them but they go too far with the prices. Thanks and regards

Any Scubapro dealer can order this part, of course the original one will be more expensive than the Scubagaskets or Trident "not official" replacement parts.
Some people here on Scubaboard can also order the parts (both official and not official) and ship them to you.
I did buy a dozen from Vintage Double Hose (Bryan), but unfortunately he recently passed away.
He was a great guy:

Ask @buddhasummer or @axxel57

I have found this page here in Spain, I have bought some things from it and it is quite serious and it may cost you cheaper shipping

Hi Angelo, thanks for the link. That's what I was afraid of, that it couldn't be done DIY, here in Spain I can find them but they go too far with the prices. Thanks and regards
Around 1,90 Euros SP Dealer price per piece plus shipping, so 3,99 Euros is not cheap, but also not completely over the top....

Around 1,90 Euros SP Dealer price per piece plus shipping, so 3,99 Euros is not cheap, but also not completely over the top....
They are €3.99 + shipping and they will kindly tell you that they are €6.00 Total €9.99 for a silicone seat, if that is cheap for you, congratulations, at least if they rob me with a gun in head.
Screenshot_20230604-064807.png

Back
Top Bottom