Wanted Genesis Manifold Plugs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So the hole in the side is so you can stick something in there to unscrew the internal part of the manifold apart? Please don't tell me that part is also loctite'd in there?
OK. i won't tell you. DM your email and I'll send you the service manual. (I think @tbone1004 pointed me too it a while back when I was working on a buddy's set)
ETA: Nevermind, @tbone1004 linked it above.

I have some, how many are you looking for?
The are the same thread as a Thermo manifold valve, the O-rings just sit too deep to seal. I chuck up the thermo ones in my lathe and machine the bolt head off. Then slot them to screw in.

I have some, how many are you looking for?
The are the same thread as a Thermo manifold valve, the O-rings just sit too deep to seal. I chuck up the thermo ones in my lathe and machine the bolt head off. Then slot them to screw in.
Idk... maybe 4 or 6.

I need to get the manifolds in hand before I commit, but figured I should start looking now.

Any pics?

... Fun fact, this one also requires loctite when assembling and is a PITA to take apart. This is the one that @-JD- was referencing about the OMS caps but they are completely different.
View attachment 706049

Hmmm. I never used Loctite on mine. Purchased mine new in 1994 IIRC, so maybe there was a later design change that required Loctite? (I still have mine.)

rx7diver

Not as pretty as the factory plugs with the nice allen head, but perfectly functional.

Attachments

• 009607C1-DC64-4432-B66D-9C33843960C4.jpeg
    009607C1-DC64-4432-B66D-9C33843960C4.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 71
  • B3EE07E2-D84B-44AB-84B8-C17BAC0370C2.jpeg
    B3EE07E2-D84B-44AB-84B8-C17BAC0370C2.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 71
Not as per as the factory plus with the nice allen head, but perfectly functional.
Looks beautiful to me. As always, nice work.

Man I went from not finding plugs, to looking at very expensive single valves, to fairly inexpensive diy plugs. Gotta love the interwebs.

Hmmm. I never used Loctite on mine. Purchased mine new in 1994 IIRC, so maybe there was a later design change that required Loctite? (I still have mine.)

rx7diver
Page 6, section 3, line O
o. Apply three drops of Hernon 472-02®, Loctite 271® or equivalent to encircle thread of each nipple near the end. Install the nipples into the isolator valve.

rx7diver

Page 6, section 3, line O
o. Apply three drops of Hernon 472-02®, Loctite 271® or equivalent to encircle thread of each nipple near the end. Install the nipples into the isolator valve.

Probably onemof the most unusual SCUBA service procedures where Bake at 350 is one of the steps. :cool:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom