Genesis Phantom?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pinstripe1

Reaction score
Thinking of buying one. I'm a new diver, expect to go on one or two warm-water dive trips per year plus sporadic cold water dive days in the summers.

I understand that a few years ago the Phantom had a reputation for losing weights, but that this has been satisfactorily addressed in this year's model.

Pros and cons?

Hi,
I have been diving for just over 1 year. Mainly in Upstate New York dark cold waters. I have logged about 24 dives with the Phantom. I have the older style weight pockets, and almost lost one back on dive number 6 or so. After that I have just taken the time to make sure the valcro is sucured good. I like the new system much better and wish I waited a bit, but oh well. The BC fits me well. A few cons would be that is doesn't have enought D-Rings and clips to attach equipment. I plan on upgrading in the next could of years and will continue to use this BC for pool work when I help out my instructer/buddy.

Hops this helps with your decsion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom