Geo 2 R 1C Firmware issues list ( Be Warned )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yowie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi
I thought i would start a new thread to try to gather info on the new Geo 2 Firmware R-1C. If you are unlucky enough to have updated to it i would be interested in any issues you have.
I have left messages with Oceanic on their web contact over the last month to no answer, i got a pm from Doug Krause who suggested to download the new Ocean Log Beta but as you cannot re-flash the Geo 2 it was of no use...

Issues found since update... That weren't there previously. After 27 dives on new firmware comparing to 3 other computers we use, ( Mares Nemo Air, another Geo 2 (original firmware ) & Veo 2

Previous Dive History Corrupted then after 6 dives was erased completely????
Temperature readings incorrect
Elevation warning at sea level. EL2
Unable to download dives using Diving Log 5 anymore..

Based on what you are listing as issues I'd say you have 2 that Oceanic needs to address and those are temperature and elevation.

First whenever upgrading firmaware on any device expect to loose prior data as a rule. In general firmware should not be updated without a specific reason for doing so other than to have the latest version. If you are only getting 6 dives in the memory before overwritting then I'd check the sampling rate it is probably set to a high rate like every 2 seconds which uses up the memory faster causing the computer to only hold a few dives in memory before they overwrite.
As for using a third party software package contact the vendor of that software it isn't Oceanic's fault or problem.

Based on what you are listing as issues I'd say you have 2 that Oceanic needs to address and those are temperature and elevation.

First whenever upgrading firmaware on any device expect to loose prior data as a rule. In general firmware should not be updated without a specific reason for doing so other than to have the latest version. If you are only getting 6 dives in the memory before overwritting then I'd check the sampling rate it is probably set to a high rate like every 2 seconds which uses up the memory faster causing the computer to only hold a few dives in memory before they overwrite.
As for using a third party software package contact the vendor of that software it isn't Oceanic's fault or problem.

I upgrade the firmware as mine had WET instead on the Day most of the time & incorrect Max Depth and yes these were fixed. ( This is why only one of the two Geo 2s we own was updated.)
I didn't mind loosing the previous dives but it corupted them not removed them which stopped the third party software from being able to download any dives off the computer. It dosen't only hold 6 dives it just deleted the previous 50 odd dives after 6 dives on the new firmware, it currently has 27 dives on it.

Back
Top Bottom