Get Your Dive Buddy Waiver Right Here! Red Hots! (ha)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you're "a little off"...(a) when you finish law school (or actually start practicing law for any period of time), you'll realize how much you really didn't learn when you were in law school (see also the second clause of (b), infra); (b) for those of you "semi-pro's" out there, well, no one is paying you for your advice: there's a reason for that; (c) for all of you that can't get into the spirit of things and have a good time, I'm sorry that you live so unhappily! (d) For those of you that assume someone's intent and know what is in their mind when they are writing a comment, you really must be good at the lottery! (e) For those of you that feel "attacked" by every cat that crosses your path: you really aren't paranoid if everyone is out to get you!

Let's move on to a new discussion: this one is boring me to tears now, since I'm right, and know I'm right, and that would mean that whatever vitriol (there's a good 'word' that I didn't need Black's Law Dictionary to know how to spell or use in a sentence) you're spewing, I'm really not paying any more attention to it...because you're just, plain, wrong on the issue...Judge Judy told me so...

It is a shame that most people on scubaboard share your attitude: "I'm right, and know I'm right, and I'm not paying attention to anything to the contrary."

It was a nice exchange while it lasted. I'm not offended and I hope you aren't either. At the very least I can say I know more about wrongful death lawsuits than I ever did before.

see ya in another thread!

Cowboyneal, most of the replies in this string of posts clearly reflect a full awareness of the humorous intent on your part, right from the beginning. That your model waiver was meant as a lampoon is so abundantly obvious that some critics might suggest that it lacks subtlety, and would be funnier and more clever were it not so obvious; if it did not have the quality one sometimes observes in adolescents telling jokes to younger children. Kids and adults with certain limitations tend to repeat punch lines, and sometimes interject "get it? get it?"

Some uncharitable types might say that you are too full of yourself, puffed up like a preening toad. I would never support such an unfair interpretation. Actually, you seem to miss much of the indirect acknowledgement of your intent, and give the impression that you do not see it, not because you are obtuse, but rather because you are not looking. You don't expect it. Only when someone writes "hey! it's all just a joke!" do you reply "yes! finally someone gets it!" (or words to that effect).

Consider, CBN, what this suggests about your mindset. I'm sure you find it gratifying to be perceived as a clever fellow. Unfortunately, you damage your own design and produce a contrary effect when you overreach yourself. You may have difficulty seeing this. Nevertheless, it certainly happened here. It kind of takes the fun out of things.

I wasn't angry in the least...this is about fun for me...if I want to be annoyed I have a great job that does that for me almost hourly (because I have to deal with know-it-all twenty somethings all day, but since I'm the boss, guess who is always right?)...or I could go (try to) play golf...for the rest of it set forth immediately above, (yawn)...bored...bored...bored...

I suspect no matter what the situation, you are always right.

I am pleased for you that you manage to get the last word in. That is as it should be.

( Yawns, chuckles, takes long nap.... Attaboy.)

that was so entertaining though...

I have a stupid question before all the free legal advice takes off. If something happens in a foreign country, can the guy still sue me in Estados Unidos?

CBN, I always have a little trouble "profiling" you...
what is your occupation?

who is that a picture of?

Agilis, you have quite a way with words...enjoyed that elegant post.
I watch Judge Judy quite a bit...this was way better!

I defy profiling. Why, Neal Cassady, of course. And, yes, I am always right (except when I think I might be wrong)...

Yes. Happens all the time. US court must assert jurisdiction, generally some US assets available. Consult a lawyer in your area. Local Bar Association will provide referrals. (HAHAHHA).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom