Getting a new mouthpiece under warranty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cero21

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I noticed my HOG mouthpiece is ripping at around the area it attaches to the reg. With your mouthpiece warranty in place, how do I go about getting a new one? Thanks!

Please take a picture of the offending piece of equipment and damage under warranty, go to this page (http://www.edge-gear.com/Manuals-and-Schematics-C37.aspx) and download and complete the warranty request/return form, send the pictures and the completed form as well as proof of purchase of the item the mouthpiece came on to this email address (edge.operations@edge-gear.com) and we will either contact you in regards to the item or send you out a new one letting you know when it is in the mail.

Hope this answers your question,
Jack Schmidt- Operations Manager EDGE Diving Equipment

Great. Thanks!

Is this still the current procedure? What is considered proof of purchase? I'm have the same problem. The side of a mouthpiece has started to tear and leaks air when I turn my head sideways.

15 months. I think I saw Chris post once or twice that it was covered until you "chewed through it" which I have not.

15 months. I think I saw Chris post once or twice that it was covered until you "chewed through it" which I have not.

At point do people say that is a consumable piece of equipment rather than a warranty item. A standard mouth piece only runs a couple of dollars. I have several as I like a particular style so I take the new one off and replace it as soon as I buy a new stage and then toss the new / old one in the drawer for back up. I just would not have ever thought to ask for a replacement of a 15 month old 3.00 mouth piece

Well, you never know unless you ask. I saw this thread and thought "sounds like my problem". The failure mode seems odd to me.

The mouthpiece on my Mares lasted 6 years.

Not really. It is not that odd. If you look at it most are made in a mold with the seam on the sides. That seam is pretty strong. On either side of it though might not be so much depending on the mold, how it cooled, etc. Kinda like a scar. The scar is tough. The tissue on either side is just thin skin. As for mouth pieces my bane of them is my one cat. He loves em. But that was not the case when one split on me a month or so ago and we didn't catch it till after the counter lung on the rebreather was half full of water and I chose to bailout to OC. It got harder to breathe than I felt it should be. I have that mouthpiece as a reminder to check those little things. And to remind me to give the rebreather another try when I get the chance. Just to get a nice long dive in without the gurgling :wink:.

Back
Top Bottom