Getting a uwatec to display feet (not meters)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They only sell the Uwatec bottom timers in meters...if you got it from them, I think you are set to meters forever. I am pretty sure they only come in feet or meters and are not switchable.

You should probably switch immediately since the metric system is not DIR. Anyone who says different is dangerous and should be avoided.

O-ring once bubbled...
You should probably switch immediately since the metric system is not DIR. Anyone who says different is dangerous and should be avoided.
Unless you're diving outside of the USA, Liberia or Burma. Which are full of people who are dangerous and should be avoided.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Unless you're diving outside of the USA, Liberia or Burma. Which are full of people who are dangerous and should be avoided.
This is one of those people... Never trust anything unless it is imperial..the metric system is so convoluted and arbitrary that it doesn't make sense. There is more fudge in the metric system than in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory...steer clear...

ericfine50 once bubbled...
Eric

How is your D-3 working?

Eric
dmdalton has one and he seems to like it, but I don't think he has gotten it wet yet. I will see how his turns out before I order anything myself...probably get one in the next couple of months if his seems to do the job.

Yea. He told me about the new toy. Sounds interesting, but I hear you need to read the manule a few times.

Eric

Freediving computer / bottom timer. Not a dive computer, but a backup / gauge instrument. Allows you to switch between imperial and metric, depending on where you live.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom