Getting divers attention

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Quacker" or "Ducky" works OK.

"Quacker" or "Ducky" works OK.

MarkUK:
many people have them, and too many times you are underwater and all you can hear are bloody tang bangers twanging away. Does my head in...

Grenades. :eyebrow:

My wife and I also have the in line "quackers". We use a short blast for getting each others attention when we see something cool. We use a long extended blast in emergency situations.

That said, always be a good dive buddy and keep your eyes on each other frequently.

Vayu:
Hugedodge2000 is right.

Your buddy should be aware. If you have lights, use them to signal. If the buddy does not respond to signals, call the dive. If you don't have a buddy, don't dive :)

Alternately, yell EEEEE like cath...
If you can't get your buddies attention, how do you call the dive? Is a solo ascent a better solution than shaking a rattle stick? Doesn't calling the dive just create more problems/perils than re-establishing audible communications?

Vayu:
Hugedodge2000 is right.

Your buddy should be aware. If you have lights, use them to signal. If the buddy does not respond to signals, call the dive. If you don't have a buddy, don't dive :)

Alternately, yell EEEEE like cath...
If you can't get your buddies attention, how do you call the dive? Is a solo ascent a better solution than shaking a rattle stick? Doesn't calling the dive just create more problems/perils than re-establishing audible communications?

My wife and I use the quackers too and think they are great. We use a short blast for getting each others attention if we see something not to be missed. We use a long extended blast for emergency situations.

That said, there is no substitute for being a good dive buddy and paying attention to each other and if possible the other divers you are out with.

My wife and I use the quackers. We use a short blast to get each others attention and a long extended blast for emergency situations. We think they are great.

That said, there is no substitute for being a good dive buddy and paying close attention to each other and if possible the other divers you're with.

I hum a deep G note....well pretty close to a G. My kids know that's my signal and respond immediately.

Back
Top Bottom