Getting my First Regulator Set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belce

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I am looking at getting a regulator set and have set on a MK25 scubapro first stage and have to decide on a 2nd stage, what are thoughts on the following:

A700
X650
S600

Thanks for your help

.....not really helping you but why aren't you considering the G250V?
It would be my top choice.

The Mk25 might not be a top choice for cold water diving. If you are planning to dive BC, you might want to consider the Mk17

If you plan to dive warm and very deep, the Mk25 could be a great choice.

Richard

I can vouch for the 44 degree and above water, & deep for the MK25/X650 combo. Not a problem one.

Anything else I can't comment on your diving conditions. I have two sets of the above, a set of zeagle/apeks regs, and 4 sets each of poseidon jetstreams and xtremes. All have been in the above conditions. Over 1000 dives - mix and match I have not had a problem with any of my reg set-ups.

I have the mk25/s600 combo and i love it couldnt be any happier. but i also will never be diving in cold water. anything under about 55degrees you wont be finding me in it.

After some research and based on the fact that the US Navy only approves of Scubapro's Mk25 1st stage for cold water use from current Scubapro 1st stage regs, I think I will go for an A700/Mk25 setup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom