Getting my rebreather to Palau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tassie_Rohan:
Can I ask a really stupid question here?

Most airlines get concerned when you try to check in anything resembling a gas tank - even if its empty.

Do you rebreather divers have any trouble checking in/carrying on dilutant and oxygen tanks: and if so any problems?

I'm slowly learning up on RB's: I like their advantages but I travel a lot and am curious how difficult they are to bring along.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Hello Rohan, CCRs are not that hard to transport, my Prism isn't anyway. I carry-on the unit in a small duffel, without the 2 x 19cuft cyls. The cyls and cowling go in the checked bag as they are not so fragile. I know of nobody who has been able to bring cyls in carry-on, I wouldn't even try. They're fine in the checked bags and take of the valves as Joe said, no big deal. Many dive ops have small cyls-13s,19s,-so you could just use some at the destination, easier still.
The Prism, Sport KISS, Evolution are all possible to carry-on. If the unit is a bit too big, you can always take the head(electronics, controllers) and any other fragile stuff like the counterlungs and hoses in a carry-on and put the back plate, wings tanks, regs in the checked. I've flown all over and never had a problem even getting to very remote places. -Andy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom