Gilboa 2/17, any takers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit

Floppy Ear Mod
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know, I know it's Daytona 500 weekend but it's also a holiday and that means I have Sunday night off.

Is anyone going to be at Gilboa Sunday? My buddy (SO) and I are going up to do some dry suit practice and I'd love to meet some of the people from the board. I don't know exactly what time we'll be there but I'll get off work at 7am so we should be there between 10am and noon.

We're in a dark green 2002 Chevy 4WD, cab and a half shortbed pickup with tonneau cover. We'll probably be down on the "ramp" on the shallow side. Let me know if you're going and I'll look for you, I'll check the board and my PM's on Friday but won't be home on Saturday.

If it rains I won't go and if it's really cold (teens or so) he won't go but if it's a nice "warm" day we'll be there!

Hope to see you!
Ber :bunny:

Can't do it this weekend, Ber, then off to Roatan. I'll give you a shout when I get back, 'cause I know we'll all immediately need to jump in cold water to re-acclimate ourselves. Have a good dive(s).

I won't be out there on Sunday, but a small group of us will be there Saturday.... However, we'll be doing some mini-dives for things like dry suit acclimation and weighting, as well as some other various task-loading events....

Maybe we'll catch up with ya next time!

wb

I will be there on Sunday and Monday. I drive a green Eagle Talon with Michigan plates. I'll keep an eye out for you.

-Brady

I will be there Sat and Sun. We are teaching an Advanced Nitrox course. We have some other people joining us as well.

CWB,
I wasn't on the board sat. so I didn't see your post. Now that I looked at your picture I think I did see you. We stayed on the shallow side. Some of the class needed more time in their doubles before doing anything deep. Lots of shallow water skills to polish. We will be back next weekend. Next week we will dive both sides.

Originally posted by MikeFerrara
CWB,
I wasn't on the board sat. so I didn't see your post. Now that I looked at your picture I think I did see you. We stayed on the shallow side. Some of the class needed more time in their doubles before doing anything deep. Lots of shallow water skills to polish. We will be back next weekend. Next week we will dive both sides.

I saw 3 or more Indiana plates on Saturday, but I apologize for not asking around. Were you over on the instructor platforms or at the shallow "walk-in" entrance?

If weather is nicer than last weekend, then my buddy wants to get re-acclimated to the deep end and do some drills. Maybe we'll see you then. I drive a green 2-door Ford Explorer.

later,
wb

Last week we were on the instructors dock. This week we will be back and forth between the deep side and the instructors dock. We will be there sat and sun again. I drive a dark green 95 astro. Ask in the office for Mike and Sandy Ferrara.

Was that your group on the plane? We cruised around there for a bit and waved. Only got one dive in, my buddy's ear was giving him problems so we called it a day.
Ber :bunny:

Back
Top Bottom