Gilboa Aug 17-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am planning to overnight at Gilboa Friday and Saturday. Look for something resembling tent condos with all the cool people hanging around! :D Yeah, we'll be set up right next to them. :D (Red Corolla, Ohio plates. Ber has a gray HHR, and what ever you do, don't call it a PT Cruiser. :wink: )

It looks like the lows will be a bit cool in the mornings. Crawling out of a toasty sleeping bag at...what?!?!??...meeting at 8AM! :shocked: To be expected though, best to get in and out before the place really gets jammed.

6 am is nothing I will be leaving at 5. And Trucker girl there are several hotels in Findlay that are cheap, safe and hotel clean.

Aaron

I've been toying with joining everyone this weekend. Right now my plans are to arrive Saturday - sometime after the deep time. (READ: NOT at 8am!) & to tent Saturday night.

Paula

I've stayed at the Super 8 (I think it's a Super 8, might be Comfort Inn--it's across the road from Steve's Dakota Grill and sits far from the road) and the Roadway in Findlay. The Super 8 has more comfortable beds but I believe Roadway is less expensive. Whichever one you stay at it's less expensive to book a room in person as opposed to booking on the internet.

My DM is coming up on Sat night and bringing his camper, not sure how much room he'll have but palming him some cash might get you a bunk :eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

You are not alone in your refusal to camp...I am a sworn non-camper.

As a completely unrelated and somewhat thread-hijacking side note- anyone use the CLC Check-Inn card? I use it whenever possible. It's free and you get group rate discounts. We've gotten hotel rooms that were selling at $80-$100 for $40 before. They charge $5/night which is included in your discount rate. You use the Check-Inn card to pay for your room and the Check-Inn card charges whatever credit card you have on file with them.

Red Roof Inn in Findlay is on the list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom