Gilboa May 22/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gavin9980:
i will be heading to gilboa this weekend for a gue fundamentals course...

... but still hope to get in a few fun dives!

Gavin - good luck, but I would be willing to bet money that you won't have time. And remember - you have a choice as to what flavour Koolaid! :wink:

gavin9980:
i will be heading to gilboa this weekend for a gue fundamentals course. i will be camping by myself (loser)
i have a big lifted red jeep and a blue north face tent look me up if you guys are doing any night or early morning dives i know i will be in classes most of the weekend but still hope to get in a few fun dives!

gavin smith

Hey Gavin,

I'm not taking the DIR-F class this weekend but I do hope to sit in on the lecture Friday night.

See you there,
Mark

Boogie711:
Gavin - good luck, but I would be willing to bet money that you won't have time. And remember - you have a choice as to what flavour Koolaid! :wink:

i picked the grape flavored Koolaid! :D

We passed this strange looking compact SUV full of camping gear towing an even stranger looking white trailer with dive flags all over it in the slow lane of I-75 south of Detroit around 6 pm today. It had Ontario plates. Could it have been the OFWF?

Tiny Bubbles:
We passed this strange looking compact SUV full of camping gear towing an even stranger looking white trailer with dive flags all over it in the slow lane of I-75 south of Detroit around 6 pm today. It had Ontario plates. Could it have been the OFWF?

HEY, was it Black? Sounds like us. We're only a small piece of the OFWF (and they aren't all as odd as us).
Wasn't that rain a joy? We got most of the way through Detroit before we bailed. Ended up stopping for dinner in a litle Chinese restaurant. For some 'strange' reason we were the only customers they had (great service too). They were refusing delivery orders due to the weather, lady on the phone was saying "you want' you come get".

We did make to Gilboa and enjoyed the diving. Got over an hour of video shot, just about to d/l and start editing. Would have had more, but only took camera on 3 of the 5 dives I did. The forst dive I left it until I had a chance to evaluate the viz and dive 4 something got bumped and when I was getting into the water discovered the tape had been running and reached the end. Was able to rewind and tape dive 5. Hoping I got a few minutes worth of "good" video, especially interested to see how the fish feeding parts turn out.

Gavin, was that your red Jeep with the snorkel on the passenger side? Tried to connect but did not catch you out of the water. Maybe on a future trip.

Groundhog246:
HEY, was it Black? Sounds like us. We're only a small piece of the OFWF (and they aren't all as odd as us).
Wasn't that rain a joy? We got most of the way through Detroit before we bailed. Ended up stopping for dinner in a litle Chinese restaurant. For some 'strange' reason we were the only customers they had (great service too). They were refusing delivery orders due to the weather, lady on the phone was saying "you want' you come get".

We did make to Gilboa and enjoyed the diving. Got over an hour of video shot, just about to d/l and start editing. Would have had more, but only took camera on 3 of the 5 dives I did. The forst dive I left it until I had a chance to evaluate the viz and dive 4 something got bumped and when I was getting into the water discovered the tape had been running and reached the end. Was able to rewind and tape dive 5. Hoping I got a few minutes worth of "good" video, especially interested to see how the fish feeding parts turn out.

Gavin, was that your red Jeep with the snorkel on the passenger side? Tried to connect but did not catch you out of the water. Maybe on a future trip.

I was there Saturday but didnt know what vehical you were driving I saw some cars with ontario Liscense plate and asked if it was you but they said no so I didnt bother anyone else maybe next time we can hook up.

yes that was me in the red jeep! i had hoped to vist with everyone from the board and maybe get a least one fun dive in but i never got a chance. the GUE class was way harder than i ever thought it was gonna be! i am used to the ssi, pad, nuii, style classes, you know you pay the money its easy everyone passes and then here is your new card, not GUE they work you and then work you some more but what a great great class i think ever diver should take that course i have never learn so much in one class hell i dont think i learned that much in all me scuba classes put together !but that could just be the koolade talking :D all kidding aside i dont know if any of you guys saw the GUE instructors in the water but dammmm are those guys unreal i thought i was a good diver till i saw there skills :god:

any way there is a lot of summer ahead of us and i am sure i will hook up with you guys again! as always if any one needs a dive buddie within 3 hours of flint mich give me a shout i am allways up for a dive

gavin smith
810-691-2101

gtxl1200:
I was there Saturday but didnt know what vehical you were driving I saw some cars with ontario Liscense plate and asked if it was you but they said no so I didnt bother anyone else maybe next time we can hook up.
We were diving of the first platform. Vehicle was in the parking lot. At 3 divers & 1 snorkeller x $8 to "camp", I was too cheap to park inside.

gavin9980:
yes that was me in the red jeep! i had hoped to vist with everyone from the board and maybe get a least one fun dive in but i never got a chance. the GUE class was way harder than i ever thought it was gonna be! i am used to the ssi, pad, nuii, style classes, you know you pay the money its easy everyone passes and then here is your new card, not GUE they work you and then work you some more but what a great great class i think ever diver should take that course i have never learn so much in one class hell i dont think i learned that much in all me scuba classes put together !but that could just be the koolade talking :D all kidding aside i dont know if any of you guys saw the GUE instructors in the water but dammmm are those guys unreal i thought i was a good diver till i saw there skills :god:

any way there is a lot of summer ahead of us and i am sure i will hook up with you guys again! as always if any one needs a dive buddie within 3 hours of flint mich give me a shout i am allways up for a dive

gavin smith
810-691-2101

Hi Gavin,
Thanks for the kind words. We are genuinely pleased to hear that you gained so much form the course. Keep seeking out proper education and practice and you'll get to where you want to be and not only do it safely but really enjoy the diving!
It was a real pleasure having you in the class and hope you drop back in August's class at Gilboa!

dive safe!---brando

GROUNDHOG!!!

So sure, I see this only after we've come back from Gilboa.

I was there watching you back that Hyundai and the funny looking white trailer into their places.

I walked around the front of your car as you were landing the whole thing. Remember?

Small world.

I would have said "Hi" for sure, had I known.

We had over a dozen folks strong, plus a few more OFWF were there when we arrived.

We had a great weekend staying in the apartment.

TTYL

Steve

P.S.

Saw you too Gavin! (But again, I didn't know). I was walking my doubles around your jeep (Open door) trying not to bump into it on my way down the stairs. My friend "Cris" was on the DIRf course with you. So tell us about it.

Darn it all, I think we all should have T-shirts saying "I am XXXXX on ScubaBoard"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom