Gilboa May 22/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Steve:
We had over a dozen folks strong, plus a few more OFWF were there when we arrived.

We had a great weekend staying in the apartment....

Darn it all, I think we all should have T-shirts saying "I am XXXXX on ScubaBoard"
On Sunday I was wearing my OFWF T-shirt, only the logo's on the back, so you wouldn't have seen it while I was driving. Guess I should figure out how to put the OFWF logo on the trailer. Thought of putting "Groundhog" or "Groundhogs" or similar on it, but need to ask the LDS first since it's their name

How did you find the apartment (accomodation vs price)? (PM me if you'd rather not blab openly). We stayed at the Econo Lodge in Findlay. Booked online with CAA discount it was $43 and change a night plus tax for 2 x double bed room (there were 4 of us (3 diving). The room wasn't fancy, but with $8/per person per night for a campsite at the quarry and all that entails (tent, set up tear down and that much more gear to carry) I think it was a good deal.

On a broader note, if I was travelling by myself, several of the places we've been would be a "deal". For example camping at Gilboa or the campground we stayed at last summer near Brockville (the name escapes me) where I think it was $6 per diver per night. However, travelling with a family of 4, 3 of whom dive, it often get more expensive than "regular" camping rates.

Heck I'll blab openly any time :)

hehehehe

I found it pretty nice all in all. Mike was pretty kind to us too. The shower doesn't work properly.....it's got a "knob" issue. As for pricing, I think we could have stayed cheaper elsewhere, but then it's not as convenient, so it's a give and take thing.

We had use of the fridge, stove, microwave, TV w/DVD and VHS (For the kids) to boot, which also made dining less expensive as well.

For me, camping isn't even an option that's open to discussion, so right away I'm into it for a few extra $$$.

To bad it's so far away from us.

Back
Top Bottom