gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once you hit OH....you should be fine...everything was fine this morning....except for the idiots who wanted to wreck so they didn;t have to be at work on time.

I head you guys down south got a bit more than we did. We were only supposed to get a dusting, but got more like 2 inches. Not that 2 inches is a big deal (talking snow here folks) but no one was ready for it.

Due to the temps and the roads I don't think we will be making it up. I truly regret not being able to come but I feel that due to the situation it is really the best choice.

I hope we can all get together soon. We will have to start thinking about another time to go in the next month or so.

Again I am sorry I won't be able to see those that are going but I hope you all understand.

See you all soon.

Chad

no problem guys, don't want to see anybody risk life and limb.

we will reshedule, and get something together soon

ckharlan66 once bubbled...
Due to the temps and the roads I don't think we will be making it up. I truly regret not being able to come but I feel that due to the situation it is really the best choice.

Chad

On the local news tonight, they said that tonight's temp in NW Ohio (Gilboa) should be the coldest in 2 years and this weekend won't be much warmer. Probably a wise choice to stay out of the water. Sub zero air temps and 2 digit negative wind chills aren't the things that surface intervals and happy stories are made of, if ya know what I mean!

cwb (Cold Water, but not Cold Air Barbarian)!

such sad news, but that is probably one of the best decisions you have made. I was still contemplating coming up on Sunday and meeting you guys, but am glad I don't have to make that decision.

hope you guys can all make it out this direction sometime again in the future. However, in 4 weeks from this Sunday, I am going to be occupied.....as a hush will fall over my living room, and the green flag will drop on the beginning of the 2003 Winston Sup racing season....

It was a hard decision and I really would have loved to get up that way but I think that we all will have a better time if we just reschedule. It is too cold and the roads here are better but still not really great.

I can't wait until we do get up there.

Chad

falling through, also, but with everyone not being able to make it and the weather being so brutal, it would just be better to find a time when Mother Nature is more willing to cooperate. My Aunt and Uncle will be disappointed, as well, but there's always the next time and they look forward to meeting all that will be there. They were going to meet us for dinner, which meant I was going to have to be on my best behavior! :eek: :D

Until the next trip plan ... (hopefully the same originally planned crew + more can plan on coming)

And I was going to bring SOMEONE a cherry pie for their belated birthday if we could have all made it! :wink:

Big O once bubbled...
You didn't tell me you were bringing me a pie!

I could have got out of bed for that!

Dave

You've not been following the threads or you'd known I've been planning on the pies all along! :mean: :wink: I promise you a pie the next trip, also. I think it was ICUROK that had the birthday and had mentioned he liked cherry pie (somebody did) and I was going to bring a cherry pie for them. (to eat, people, to eat! Throwing in these temps would have been homicide!) Besides I like people to enjoy their food, not wear it. :angel:

KyMermaidDivr once bubbled...

I think it was ICUROK that had the birthday and had mentioned he liked cherry pie (somebody did) and I was going to bring a cherry pie for them. :angel:

:( That was me: I like the cherry pie!

Jeff "Great lakes diver":wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom