Glove promo is over/post reviews here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gladly, but when someone says I'm an arrogant idiot

That's "arrogant and ignorant" not arrogant idiot.

Arrogant, Overbearing; haughty
Ignorant, Unenlightened; Lacking awarness; Uninformed:shakehead:

Hardly toilet talk.

For an Idea that has no validity in scuba it sure generates a lot of conversation.
Just to keep things real. I chose this forum for exactly this reason. Debate and discovery. Where else could this kind of exchange take place?

I still have'nt heard a good argument against this glove by anyone.

1. We don't use our hands. Not an argument. Subject to exsisting technology.
2. You'll use more gas. Show me proof and under what circumstances.
3. It's bad form. Says you
4. You might hit me in the face with your flailing arms. Silly and Subjective! Who said you were suppose to flail your arms.
5. The hands are used to carry things. Nothing has changed there you can still hold things with your hands.
6. I don't understand, what will they do for me? Obvious to most air breathers.

If you guys want to know what I got all twisted up about earlier then go read the post where a couple of you, you know who you are, started personally attacking the divers in the latest video we shot at Weeki wachee springs.
Simply because these men agreed to demonstrate the possible potential of this glove they were immediately ostracized. They were'nt here to defend themselves and I thought it was pretty low to say the things you did about a couple of guys whom you've never met and have no knowledge of their skill level beyond what you seen in an 8 minute amature video. That my freinds is arrogance, like it or not.

It had nothing to do with me or this product. I could care less whether you some of you ever try it or not. The market potential for something like this is bigger than any of us. It's not likely that me or my small company will ever make a lot of money selling this product. It is likely however that you will see this product at some point become standard equipment for some. Scuba? maybe mabe not. I just take pleasure in knowing I was there when it all started.

With that said.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN! YOU KNOTHEADS! :mooner:

It takes the tiniest easy flick of the wrist to move. Effortless. With the gloved hand right at my belly button.
I thought I'd add this picture and say that in hindsight, I suppose that I used the gloves in the pelvic fin area as shown in the pic below. I'm not sure if Roy thought of this when designing the gloves, but it seems to be the biggest benefit for me. YES (for those of you who continue to criticize other's diving abilities without having dived with them) I am perfectly capable of diving without these gloves, but to repeat Dennis' statement, they did permit some precision micromovements. You don't need to be swishing around like mad like some critics have asserted (people who have not tried them, I might add!) Really, it is the smallest hand movement and the gloves make it so very efficient. I'm still diving with the too-tight pair and I think I'll like the next size up better.

fish_fins.gif

Joyce, I'm diving in Pompano today; will you be around late afternoon/early evening for me to pick up my larger pair? :)

Roy, I want to emphasize that you need to get a light coloration on the fingers. I was pointing out cool things to others (like a Goliath Grouper tucked way under a ledge) and the other divers looked at me like "huh?" It was not easy for them to see which way I was pointing.

Back from my trial dive. I'll have to echo what Debby has said, although I did wear these gloves for what would have normally been a gloveless dive.

My hand were too warm, not enough circulation inside the non-porous latex gloves. While I had no trouble unscrewing the knob on my reel, to deploy my float line, I felt clumsy picking up small objects, such as tiny sea shells. But, again, I would have normally been doing the dive gloveless, and my gloves are a tad large, with extra material beyond my fingertips. So, a proper fit is crucial!

Debby also makes a valid point about using contrasting colors. I dove the Blue Heron Bridge, know for it's macro creatures. Difficult for a buddy to decipher what you are pointing out, when all fingers are pointing, in various directions.

Turning on a dime was fun to practice, and with all the moon jellies out today, had lots of opportunity to do quick pivots to avoid them.

Will try them for the remainder of the weekend, and add any additional comments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom