Glove promo is over/post reviews here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THANK YOU Randy43068, RJP, etc.. You guys are great! Know why? Because (as someone who requires these to scuba for a disability) I had to waste an hour of my time reading you rephrase your personal opinion 100 different ways (when all I wanted to read was if they work better than Padi's webbed gloves, if they provide thermal protection, etc.).

I realize that your endless whining isn't intentional... and that you can't help but think about your own views. But honestly, you have really ruined this thread for people that need it. Thanks again bass loles. I'll never be back to this forum.

Roy, I want to emphasize that you need to get a light coloration on the fingers. I was pointing out cool things to others (like a Goliath Grouper tucked way under a ledge) and the other divers looked at me like "huh?" It was not easy for them to see which way I was pointing.

I'll be working on that very soon! I'll make sure you get to try a pair.
Hey Debbie, how did you embed the video of the divers at weeki Wachee into your post? :confused:

I didn't but if I had it would have been by quoting your posting of it.

Darn it but I left my Darkfins in the back of my car today and didn't miss them until I was on the boat. I got the next size up (and a cool t-shirt!) from Joyce today. I'm headed down to Tavernier to dive with Conch Republic on a spearfishing trip (I don't spear but I'm gonna grab bugs!!!) so I'll try the larger ones tomorrow.

Joyce, moon jelly avoidance, huh? Now THAT'S a BENEFIT! :)

I didn't but if I had it would have been by quoting your posting of it.

Darn it but I left my Darkfins in the back of my car today and didn't miss them until I was on the boat. I got the next size up (and a cool t-shirt!) from Joyce today. I'm headed down to Tavernier to dive with Conch Republic on a spearfishing trip (I don't spear but I'm gonna grab bugs!!!) so I'll try the larger ones tomorrow.

Joyce, moon jelly avoidance, huh? Now THAT'S a BENEFIT! :)

My bad, I thought it was you. I'll have to figure it out. I'm still a little internet stupid!

I'm glad you like your shirt.

Shawn, please don't let a few particular posters run you off this board forever. There are a few good apples who hopefully make up for it.

I sent Shawn a pm and offered him a pair of Darkfins because of all the crap he had to sift through to get some answers. I hope he takes me up on it.

Thanks for the review :)

Roy;

Dropped off a few pairs of DarkFins today at the LDS. There were three instructors there, who work there... All seemed excited to try out the gloves, and they will be trying them, and passing them on to others to try out, like the folks in the handicapped classes, etc. They have 3 shops here locally. I have asked them to please write an honest review and post it here, or e-mail the reviews to me. I wrote my e-mail address on the instruction inserts. Everyone here is open minded.

On the coloring thing, I do not know if it would be easier to color the finger or the webbing. If it was the finger, I might suggest white (or you need to figure out what color) would be least likely to attract a bite, or unwanted critters, perhaps some folks have ideas. If it is the webbing, perhaps a different color. There is probably no sense in dramatically modifying your manufacturing process. Maybe even just a strip of white the length of the inside of the finger would do... thoughts anyone? You might also consider a grommet or loop to clip the gloves on somewhere.... some thoughts and discussion on this might be in order. I would put the grommet on the inside of the wrist on each hand. Of course, I just tucked them into my wetsuit and zipped them in, which was fine, but there is a chance you could drop one, etc.

oh, yes, the guys at the dive shop wanted to know if they could also order "bat wings" for under the arms.... ha ha ha...

keep up the good work

I thought I'd add this picture and say that in hindsight, I suppose that I used the gloves in the pelvic fin area as shown in the pic below. I'm not sure if Roy thought of this when designing the gloves, but it seems to be the biggest benefit for me. YES (for those of you who continue to criticize other's diving abilities without having dived with them) I am perfectly capable of diving without these gloves, but to repeat Dennis' statement, they did permit some precision micromovements. You don't need to be swishing around like mad like some critics have asserted (people who have not tried them, I might add!) Really, it is the smallest hand movement and the gloves make it so very efficient. I'm still diving with the too-tight pair and I think I'll like the next size up better.

fish_fins.gif

Way too cool! wish I'd have thought of it!

I actually compared them to the pectrals but I see your point.

Can't wait to try the bigger pair tomorrow on my 2-tank lobstering dive! I was very impressed with how they protected my hands when I caught that one nice sized bug yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom