Glove promo is over/post reviews here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am simply not willing to pay the duties and/or taxes to get them into the country so I will have to do what can be done....go by my own experience. That is as close to a fair evaluation as I can offer you or Roy. I have never cut up the product. I have always said there are definitely markets for them but have provided the flip sides of the coin to some arguments that have been put forward that I felt were not solid. There is nothing aggressive in my posts and I am simply providing honest and fair input. That is what you are asking for. If people do not want the see both sides then they are not looking for a fair evaluation.

Fair enough.

By the way though, I wasn't attempting to single you out in any way shape or form. I apologize if that's the way that I came across.

Last edited:
I have been trying to get out and try these gloves for 3 weeks now. So went out with Chisto, my son and others this weekend out for some spearfishing. I started by putting my gloves on first to see how they did while putting all my gear on. They worked just fine. Not much difference than not having gloves. The thinner latex made things easier to do than my normal dive gloves.

So down for my first dive.... I forgot I had them on. :shakehead: They were so comfortable I forgot all about them. I dont normally use my hands for diving while spearfishing as not to spook the fish. I finally remembered they where there when I surfaced. The swim back to the boat was much easier. You definatly use muscles you never know you had when using the darkfins.

Second dive. Now I am going to test them out. While I was waiting for my son to get in the water I tested the greater surface area. WOW! I could spin on a dime with little effort. I could use my speargun, put fish on the stringer, reload the gun and get back to spearing without any drawbacks from the darkfins. I had my 16 year old who has only been diving for a year with me. Keeping an eye on him was easy with just a flick I could spin to see him behind or beside me.

Toward the end of the dive my son shot a nice grouper. I was trying to help him get it untangled and on his stringer. We messed around and got really low on air. We surfaced imediatly but we were 200 yards off the back of the boat in the current. Now the test begins. The swim back was hard but I believe the darkfins helped alot. Since I had my speargun in one hand I used the other to swim with along with my fins. I was tired when I got back but we got back safe.

My over all opinion for the gloves... I like them! I will probably use them every dive. I am going to wear glove anyhow... why not webbed gloves?

I got a pair of size 0, but they are too large. I would be more than happy to bring them up for you to check out. :blinking:

How was your trip (trips)?

I am in the process of modeling the master molds for the womens sizes. I'll make sure you and Debby get the first pairs to test for proper fit. It'll take a few weeks.

I am in the process of modeling the master molds for the womens sizes. I'll make sure you and Debby get the first pairs to test for proper fit. It'll take a few weeks.
Why thank you! And are you going to put light coloring on the fingertips? :blinking:

I still see some people in here beating the dead horse, I guess they have too much time on their hands. I've explained ad nauseum how I've enjoyed using my pair. And no, I won't use them on every dive or in every situation. But I've used them to back away from a lobster den in current and guess what, I neither stirred up the bottom nor broke off corals. I've used them to turn slightly when shooting stills or video (I don't have external strobes yet and don't know how that would change things). Micromovements, people, micromovements! That's the sweet thing about these gloves. Would I use them to swim? Nope, not unless I lose the use of my legs. I did pretend to have no use of my legs on one dive and swam with them and they were excellent. At least everyone agrees that they would be a huge asset to handicapped divers.

So interesting to see people haranguing around this thread for so long. Oh well, at least y'all keep the gloves thread in the "new posts" search daily. :rofl3:

Last edited:
Why thank you! And are you going to put light coloring on the fingertips? :blinking:

I still see some people in here beating the dead horse, I guess they have too much time on their hands. I've explained ad nauseum how I've enjoyed using my pair. And no, I won't use them on every dive or in every situation. But I've used them to back away from a lobster den in current and guess what, I neither stirred up the bottom nor broke off corals. I've used them to turn slightly when shooting stills or video (I don't have external strobes yet and don't know how that would change things). Micromovements, people, micromovements! That's the sweet thing about these gloves. Would I use them to swim? Nope, not unless I lose the use of my legs. I did pretend to have no use of my legs on one dive and swam with them and they were excellent. At least everyone agrees that they would be a huge asset to handicapped divers.

So interesting to see people haranguing around this thread for so long. Oh well, at least y'all keep the gloves thread in the "new posts" search daily. :rofl3:

Yup! I have an opaque white latex on order. I think I can solve the problem:confused:

Thanks Roy! I am in SoCal this weekend, so no diving for me. But, I'll hopefully have the chance to check out the gloves for a long surface swim, swimming out to the reef while kicking on my back. Will try sculling with my hands.

I just contacted Roy about trying these out and hopeful they will be the answer for me. I have not been active on this board for years as I stopped diving over 5 years ago due to a disability. I started diving again yesterday...I now live in Cozumel...so how could I not try again. I have limited use of my right leg with numbness and pain when swimming with my fins. My DM suggested I try a webbed glove, so thanks to Roy that is what I am going to do.

I will let ya'll know how it goes.

"Oops! This link appears to be broken."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom