Glover Atoll - Diver Opinions Wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AllanHarr

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and I are headed to Belize. We have heard the Glover is the best overall for photography and fish. True?? Any opinions on visibility, fish populations, operators or resorts?? Any and all input is appreciate. Thanks!:D

I agree that Glover's is the best for vis and fish. Would rather not comment on choices for accommodation if you want to stay out there but you could stay in Placencia and make the 1-1/2 boat ride out there.

I've dived Glover's from a base on Thatch Caye, and from there it was quite a short ride. A lot closer than Dangriga/Hopkins and greatly closer than Placencia.

I've stayed for a week each in 2003 and 2009 on NE Caye at Glover's Atoll Resort which is arguably the least resort-like place on the planet: no electricity or running water, no catering to. It's not for everyone but is paradise for us and the diving and snorkeling is truly amazing. My photos and travelogues are here if you're interested. Happy trails!

It's a pretty amazing place; people seem to either love it or hate it. I think if you really read the website, search the web for reviews, and make an informed decision then your expectations in terms of amenities and service will be in line with reality and you'll have a blast. Our son-in-law has stayed in all inclusive resorts all his life and was nervous about going to a place that's barely a step above camping for a week. He had a wonderful time and is pushing for a return trip in 2011. Let me know if you have questions. Happy trails!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom