Glue for ykk aquaseal zipp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vimike

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone I have searched the site and still can’t get a straight answer and am in need of help. I have a bare xcd2 tech dry with a leaky metal zipp. I want to replace it with a ykk aquaseal. Problem is I cannot find glue in Canada . The urathane outer edges of zipp being the roadblock. I was thinking of Barge super stick cement but I just can’t find it on Vancouver island . Any suggestions I would be very great full. Thanks.

Hey everyone I have searched the site and still can’t get a straight answer and am in need of help. I have a bare xcd2 tech dry with a leaky metal zipp. I want to replace it with a ykk aquaseal. Problem is I cannot find glue in Canada . The urathane outer edges of zipp being the roadblock. I was thinking of Barge super stick cement but I just can’t find it on Vancouver island . Any suggestions I would be very great full. Thanks.
Try Dan's Dive shop. Scuba Repair & Maintenance Archives

Thanks I found some at local marine store I’ll try it .
What exactly did you find? I'm looking for a type of glue as well for the same job

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 7.53.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 7.53.07 PM.png
    171.8 KB · Views: 42
I've had the best results with Bostik 2402. Pretty sure you can get your hands on that in Canada. It comes with a separate hardener (toluene of xylene IIRC) and has a pretty long shelf life.

I've had the best results with Bostik 2402. Pretty sure you can get your hands on that in Canada. It comes with a separate hardener (toluene of xylene IIRC) and has a pretty long shelf life.
No luck for the Bostik 2402 in Canada.

When trying to fix new zippers and replaceable seal systems, I have tried a number of the normally recommended glues. The situation become a bit more difficult depending on the base material. I think the worse is plastic material like in the Bare nexgens and the whites/aqualung drysuits. Since the plastic YKK zipper base material is also very plasticy, it is doubly difficult to have a good installation. I am embarrassed to say that the most successful glue that I have found is the "amazing goop marine grade" glue distributed by the same company that makes shoe goo. It is readily available in watersports and marine stores.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom