GLWC Fall M&G October 14-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy,

I have single HP119's that are 7.25dia. If you think you need to try longer tanks, I have the stuff to double them up. I just don't have the desire to dive them as doubles. I like my HP100's doubled better. Just let me know.

One thing that helps with doubles is to balance them in a pool. Start off with the doubles and a wing only. Inflate the wing with enough air to just "barely" float the tanks. Then find the optimum location of the wing to balance the tanks (not head heavy or tail heavy). Then add the plate and do the same. Once that is balanced, then add yourself and adjust the harness to make you balanced in the rig. Once balanced, then see if the tanks are in a good location for you to reach the valves. If not, then you may need different (longer,shorter). This takes a little bit of time to get right, but is a good systematic approach to fixing the problem.

I know I originally said I would make it to the event on the FB page but my family has gotten in my way, AGAIN. My sister is having surgery and I cant leave her all weekend. Sorry guys. I will do my best for the spring though.

Oh and next year, I plan on doing Grand Cayman again, this time next year. I have some information about pricing and all that but I am hoping to get some more info at the OWU show. We could do the fall meet and greet in 85F water!

Water that warm was not meant for diving!thats getting close to Hot tub post dive narcosis water!

You slacker! How dare you to put family before the meet and greet. :D

I hope your sister gets well soonest. Good luck!

I know I originally said I would make it to the event on the FB page but my family has gotten in my way, AGAIN. My sister is having surgery and I cant leave her all weekend. Sorry guys. I will do my best for the spring though.

Oh and next year, I plan on doing Grand Cayman again, this time next year. I have some information about pricing and all that but I am hoping to get some more info at the OWU show. We could do the fall meet and greet in 85F water!

What I forgot before posting that is that I got them set up pretty well in the pool but I was wearing 400G undies. In those I had to add a little weight to the bottom area of the place. When I dove Whitestar a couple weeks ago I forgot to change the weight and I dove the DUI 300G undies. I didn't think there would be that much difference but there is for me.

So, I want to figure out where I need to put the weight for both the 300G and my even newer DUI 400G undies. The newest undies are as yet undoven. (is that a word?)

Randy,

I have single HP119's that are 7.25dia. If you think you need to try longer tanks, I have the stuff to double them up. I just don't have the desire to dive them as doubles. I like my HP100's doubled better. Just let me know.

One thing that helps with doubles is to balance them in a pool. Start off with the doubles and a wing only. Inflate the wing with enough air to just "barely" float the tanks. Then find the optimum location of the wing to balance the tanks (not head heavy or tail heavy). Then add the plate and do the same. Once that is balanced, then add yourself and adjust the harness to make you balanced in the rig. Once balanced, then see if the tanks are in a good location for you to reach the valves. If not, then you may need different (longer,shorter). This takes a little bit of time to get right, but is a good systematic approach to fixing the problem.

So I assume its a book that you like? I haven't read it, but if its worthwhile, I may look it up.

Jim is right, it is a good book. It's well written has some humor, and lots of substance. (content)

Back
Top Bottom