Glwc Fall M&g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Hoosier:
Should we start a list of who's bringing what for the Saturday buffet? I'm going to bring some marinated chicken to cook up and share as well as something for dessert.

I'll bring some burgers and fruit salad.

Ken

Looks like I'll be working. The guy that I back has a going away party for his second son going to Iraq that weekend. So, my employer is strongly encouraging my prescence at work that weekend.

It is starting to look like I might not make it too. A day off of work and a whole weekend looks like too long a stretch at this time. We will see.

Dean810:
It is starting to look like I might not make it too. A day off of work and a whole weekend looks like too long a stretch at this time. We will see.

That would be a bummer Dean. I was looking forward to diving with you again. I sure hope you're able to make it, but if not we'll do a bunch of dives in your honor!

I still plan on being there. I'll have some students with me too. Not sure what I'm bringing food wise yet.

We'll be there but only for Friday and will probably be gone by early Friday evening so we'll probably miss meeting most of you. :(

cork2win:
We'll be there but only for Friday and will probably be gone by early Friday evening so we'll probably miss meeting most of you. :(

Cool! I was wondering if someone was going to be there to dive with on Friday. What time are you going to be there? I'd love to get in a few dives on Friday. I can be there as early as 10:30. I have a 3.5 hour drive so that's about the earliest I can get there.

Divin'Hoosier:
Cool! I was wondering if someone was going to be there to dive with on Friday. What time are you going to be there? I'd love to get in a few dives on Friday. I can be there as early as 10:30. I have a 3.5 hour drive so that's about the earliest I can get there.
Not sure when we'll be there. Neither of us are really morning people but I'd like to get there before too many others do and get things all silted up. It's a little over 2 hours from where we are so I'd guess we should be there between 10 and 11am. Keep in mind I'm a total newbie and DH hasn't been in the water in over 10 years so our first couple dives might be kind of ugly. I imagine spending a lot of time around the platforms just getting used to each other and getting him used to being in the water again! We'd love to have someone to dive with though that's a little more experienced than we are, if for no other reason than to not get lost underwater! :D

cork2win:
Not sure when we'll be there. Neither of us are really morning people but I'd like to get there before too many others do and get things all silted up. It's a little over 2 hours from where we are so I'd guess we should be there between 10 and 11am. Keep in mind I'm a total newbie and DH hasn't been in the water in over 10 years so our first couple dives might be kind of ugly. I imagine spending a lot of time around the platforms just getting used to each other and getting him used to being in the water again! We'd love to have someone to dive with though that's a little more experienced than we are, if for no other reason than to not get lost underwater! :D

We'll just keep it simple and safe. There is really alot to see right up near the platforms and in shallow water. We can hang out by the plane and school bus. There is also a boat or two and some vehicles. Lots of fish in that area and it's pretty shallow. Maybe 25-35 feet. Great place to safely gain experience while also having some stuff to see.

I plan to be there. Don't know which day yet (Sat, Sun).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom