Glwc Fall M&g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tiny Bubbles:
I will not go to Gilboa.

I'm curious as to why? Is that Gilboa in the photo you've posted on your profile? It works great for a M&G because of the camping and numerous entry points.

Tiny Bubbles:
I will not go to Gilboa.

Do you have a better suggestion? I'm not a big fan of some of the stuff at Gilboa, but for the M&Gs I think it is our best option, and really the only quarry that fits our needs.

Camping available, but also an option for our non-campers, running water, and a relatively central location.

And now that some of the other quarries have raised their rates, Gilboa isnt that expensive.

Gilboa would be cool for me...I live about 40 minutes from there, and as far as I know, the weekend of Sept. 23 is more or less open for me.

Jim,
looks like you need to convince your rescue class to go to Gilboa :wink:

Gilboa seems to be the only place that meets our requirements. I would love to get people to come out here, but Haigh has no camping and Pearl Lakes' camping is outragously expensive. Portage Quarry is about the same distance to me, but I don't know anything about it. We had discussed Blue Springs for the Spring M&G, but most of that discussion was negative.

I can't see anything on my calendar yet for Sept. 23rd, so I can do a tentitive yes.

BS doesn't have running water, so I'm not a big fan of camping there. And lets not forget it is now $20 a day for admission.

Portage isn't bad, I've never camped there, but the thing I didn't like about it was there wasn't much shade, and the vis sucked- they allow swimmers.

scubapolly:
Jim,
looks like you need to convince your rescue class to go to Gilboa :wink:

Sounds like a great idea! I think the shops around here should be going to Gilboa frequently, especially for the AOW deep dive. :D

Heck, I might just have to find another class or just wait until next spring.

I'll put a tentative yes down for me and my girlfriend for Sept. 23rd. I'll even bring my guitar, if someone gets a good campfire going. :)

electricbear60625:
I am returning from St.Lucia that weekend, why not the one after it?

Well aren't you just special.... if you are on your way back from St. Lucia you should have all your dive gear with you... oh wait, you didn't dive at the last M&G anyway did you :D

:kiss:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom