Glwc Fall M&g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

electricbear60625:
I Had serious back problems at the last M and G. I had 2 herriniated lower disks.

Excuses are like butts, everyone has one, they all stink, and noone wants to hear yours. :wink:

I have a suggestion. How bout we plan for October 28 to coincide with the underwater pumpkin carving at Gilboa?

Sept 23 already booked up and then heading to Vegas the next weekend. Which has pretty much been normal since the last meet and greet, weekend is always booked!!! AHHHHHH!!!!

pcarlson1911:
I have a suggestion. How bout we plan for October 28 to coincide with the underwater pumpkin carving at Gilboa?

If I remember correctly, we have always done that in addition to the M&G. I'm game for doing both!

I'd vote for Sept. 23rd, if nothing else because I'm kind of a sissy when it comes to colder water. :)

Reggae Joe:
I'd vote for Sept. 23rd, if nothing else because I'm kind of a sissy when it comes to colder water. :)

Actually the water temps later in the fall are about the same, the actually "feel" warmer because the air is cold, but it can get quite chilli on the surface intervals.

scubapolly:
Do you have a better suggestion? I'm not a big fan of some of the stuff at Gilboa, but for the M&Gs I think it is our best option, and really the only quarry that fits our needs.

Camping available, but also an option for our non-campers, running water, and a relatively central location.

And now that some of the other quarries have raised their rates, Gilboa isnt that expensive.

My vote is always for White Star. Gilboa is more than twice as expensive for us as White Star, so I have to disagree with you there. And after fleecing us of nearly $200 for admission, the owner rides around on his golf cart and yells at us about things like wrist bands and parking, so I do not want to go back there ever again even if it is free.

White Star has the nicest campground, the friendliest staff, and the lowest rates of any of the big 3 quarries around that area, IMHO.

-Ray

$200 for admision?????

I agree it is expensive, but I dont even spend close to that up there.

2 days diving $24, 2 days camping $16, and fills at $7 a piece. For me that comes out to about $70 for the weekend.

I like whitestar, I've never camped there though so I don't know what their rates are. $10 to get in, and when I have been there, no airfills, which means you have to bring all of your air with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom