GLWC Fall Meet-n-Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I can grab hamburgers and buns. I've never been to one of these, how much do I need to bring?

When I brought burgers last time, I have a pack of 12 or 16 and the appropriate number of buns so bring what you can.

put me down for a case r two of those...

I hope you mean water!

Man, luckydays, you are good!!:kiss2: Thanks for becoming my co-host.:D

Denny, you are doing a great job as host and need no assistance from my part. I am looking forward to the event and I think we are going to have a great time.

Well it sounds like I am going to be able to make it this year. Originally I figured it wouldn't happen since the weekend is also the Canadian Thanksgiving but I was just informed that I will be doing part of my DSAT Tech Deep course in Gilboa that weekend. Not sure how much time I will have for diving outside of the course but I'm sure I can stop by for some socializing. My only issue will be what to bring - the last time I tried to bring any food across the border the agents had a bit of issue. So any suggestions what might work? (apparently meat, dairy, veggies and fruit are on the no-no list).

How about bringing some sodas. Regular, Diet and Sprite. Or Chips. I am certain there are grocery stores between the Canadian border and Gilboa, if you needed to stop along the way.

I'll be glad to go deep with you; maybe we can get a 4-some going.

I would like to Join if we can maybe talk Mike into it. I don't have an Advanced Open Water cert yet but I have dived a couple times up to 115 feet in the great lakes... Plus I'll have my pony bottle! Apparently from what I understand you would be willing to lead me down there? :rofl3:

I would like to Join if we can maybe talk Mike into it. I don't have an Advanced Open Water cert yet but I have dived a couple times up to 115 feet in the great lakes... Plus I'll have my pony bottle!

Mike will not go for it if you don't have your AOW

Apparently from what I understand you would be willing to lead me down there? :rofl3:

Very funny; I'm not going to make that mistake again!:no: Besides, it was Pvtstash that got me into trouble.:shocked2:

Very funny; I'm not going to make that mistake again!:no: Besides, it was Pvtstash that got me into trouble.:shocked2:

So let me get this straight. You an OLD veteran of Gilboa Quarry are claiming that you were led astray by a relative newb to the diving scene?

You the guy who produced the video promoting Gilboa Quarry including footage of the deep side? That includes the interface that you had with Mike where he probably reviewed the rules for diving at the quarry. That footage must have ended up on the cutting room floor?

You the guy who at one time taught english to the youth, well probably not so young now, of America?

I was pretty sure that Mike's release form spelled it out pretty clearly in the king's english. Anything below 60' requires a deep plan. Pretty sure you had to initial next to that spot stating that you had read and agreed to that? You having trouble comprehending the language that you once made a living by? It's a poor leader who blames his followers for mistakes he made while leading them in battle.:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

You may want to add a little more air to that million dollar drysuit. It would appear that upon entry to the water it may be cutting off the blood flow to your brain man.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

i'll fill in what i'm bringing

Will Miss Jordin be attending the Meet & Greet this year or will she be working as a professional server? I would think that this year she may want to come armed with her own tray, one that prevents slippage.

Did this make the list of things that you don't say to another man at Meet & Greet?

From previous MeetNgreets:

Things that can't be said to another man at Meet-N-Greet!

1. "Do you have your skurt tucked in?" -Barracuda2 Spring 2007

2. "I just wear some moister wicking long john's." -gtxl1200 Spring 2008

3. "I'm never gonna wash these undies, ever!" -Mitten Diver Spring 2007

4. "His heater is even bigger than mine, twice the size to be exact." -Ber :lilbunny: Spring 2008

5. "My heater isn't twice the size of yours. I just have twice the output. It isn't really the physical size that matters." -Steve_Dives Spring 2008

6. "Hey, we can tweak together, I'll be doing a lot of tweaking, especially with weight." -Barracuda2 Spring 2009

7. "I'll be glad to go deep with you; maybe we can get a 4-some going." -Barracuda2 Fall 2009

So let me get this straight. You an OLD veteran of Gilboa Quarry are claiming that you were led astray by a relative newb to the diving scene?

Yep... thats how it happened , uh huh... yep... :)

I'm Down for Deep too! , I should be there 10-10:30am Friday morning...

I won't be there Denny, so feel free to blame the 'Pvtstash bragging about hitting 103 ft in front of Mike' incident on me. It was more my fault then yours. I can say that 'cause I won't be there this fall. :D

i'll fill in what i'm bringing but just wondering if i can find a buddy to file a deep plan with cuz i have a pony bottle now and wouldn't mind trying the deep side, i've done a couple deeper dives this summer so i have a little experience now too so that'll be nice, but i'm really pumped about MnG we'll have to see what shanangans we can get into this time around

Sign me up for going deep too! I love 4-somes! :rofl3:

Im sure GTXL1200 or PvtStash (if he get approved! :shocked2:) will want in on it too.

Would he?

he Cant deny me now that I've had his blessing?? I was there doin' my Deep Cert. a couple months ago, got 130'... and he said that the problem That time wasnt me, but that my Instructor had never dove Gilboa before...

so, to deny me now... wouldnt make any rational sense...

I hope to hit dive #200 at the Meet-n-Greet Sat. ... I've got 180 now... dunno... may have to stick around and get a dive or two on Sunday..., its gonna be close. :)

Also, Hoosier, it was only 101' for me... you were leadin' that dive so you probably had 103' , Denny was behind me he may not have even hit 100'...

I'd been certed 4mos. , it was dive #51 ... steel 80, no pony...

I have no regrets (other than you guys takin' the heat for it), I Was ready... ,and I had the utmost confidence in my dive team.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom