GLWC meet and greet 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitten Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is posted under the trips and happenings section, but I thought it was high time to get this out in the general viewing area as a reminder to all. The Great Lakes Wrecking Crew (GLWC for those in the know) will be having another meet and greet, this time at Portage Quarry in Ohio. I know that some including myself will be planning on getting there on Friday during the day and staying thru Sunday. Diver Brian has posted this in the scuba board calender with the ability to RSVP for the occassion. Or feel free to committ to the diving here. We will need to start the discussion on food as we barely had enough edible food to serve 3 or 4 of us.

Remember the dates Sept 24-26 at Portage Quarry.

Mitten Diver

Tiny Bubbles:
Surely, you can't be serious!
-Ray
Okay now that you mention it, it was probably more like 3 tables worth of food. Now everyone will probably just show up to eat!

And Ray, don't call me Shirley.

See you at Portage.

Mitten Diver

I RSVP'd but won't get there until Saturday after the Michigan v. Iowa game is over.

I have a tri-pod and a 10 gallon kettle if people want soup, chili or a stew for the main course. & could always get it to one of the local divers if needed prior to the end of the game.

Paula

Do you guys want the SIGN from the last meet and greet? It's currently living in my pole barn, but someone should pick it up and take it along for your outing. I'm busy trying to clear out some space so I can get my trailer in there for the winter, so I'd be glad to pass it along to someone else to store.

Tom,

After you finish the pumpkin harvesting, if you have a few left over, maybe we could buy some from you and host the first annual GLWC u/w pumpkin carving contest.

I don't have diving merchandise to give away as prizes. But maybe we could charge $5 - $10 per entrant and divide the pot up as prize money... say 50% for 1st place, 30% for second place and 20% for third place.

ScubaFishee:
Tom,

After you finish the pumpkin harvesting, if you have a few left over, maybe we could buy some from you and host the first annual GLWC u/w pumpkin carving contest.

I don't have diving merchandise to give away as prizes. But maybe we could charge $5 - $10 per entrant and divide the pot up as prize money... say 50% for 1st place, 30% for second place and 20% for third place.

Works for me. GLWC members all get a 50% discount on pumpkins purchased at the farm, and I'd be glad to DONATE as many as you need for a Halloween Pumpkin carving dive (up to 60 total). I don't have a deal with the dive shop in Flint this year for pumpkins, cause I don't go in there any more, so I'll give you the pumpkins I normally sell to them!

Where were you thinking about holding this little pumpkin carving contest?

frankenmuth_tom:
Works for me. GLWC members all get a 50% discount on pumpkins purchased at the farm, and I'd be glad to DONATE as many as you need for a Halloween Pumpkin carving dive (up to 60 total). I don't have a deal with the dive shop in Flint this year for pumpkins, cause I don't go in there any more, so I'll give you the pumpkins I normally sell to them!
Cool! Thanks.

frankenmuth_tom:
Where were you thinking about holding this little pumpkin carving contest?
Ummmm... I hadn't really thought that far in advance. I'm open to ideas. I'd guess anywhere convenient with platforms or flat surfaces would work. The big three (WhiteStar, Gilboa, and Portage) are the first to come to mind. But depending on who's willing to participate and their locations, an inland lake would work just fine as well.

Suggestions anyone?

Sorry folks, I will not be able to make it this time. I unfortunately have prior engagements that weekend.

As some of you know I recently had to change Facilities for my job and I know have to work 9 hours 6 days a week. So I will be working that weekend Sorry I really hate to miss this too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom