GLWC Spring M&G April 15-17, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why? It doesn't look like the commit list is that big yet.

Why didn't you bring your concern up when we had a vote on this issue?

Back when the decision was made, I could have done either weekend. We made the decision and I locked down the weekend of the 15-17. That is when I will be at Gilboa, either with or without the GLWC. I will not be at Gilboa the weekend of the 29-1st.

Whatever, I am out then. Sorry your life is so busy with your new MBA and teaching career. I would have brought up James' s birthday but I thought we were going out the night of which would have been Wednesday. The pub crawl thing came up over the weekend. Sorry to have upset the balance of your world. Enjoy Meet & Greet the weekend of April 15th I won't be there and don't worry I won't be calling in to see how things are going either.

There doesn't have to be just one! How about one at Gilboa 4/15-17 AND one at White Star the end of the month. I won't be at either, but just because I have conflicts. I'm not against a group get together at WS however some time in the future. I think we focus a bit too much on just two events a year when we really should be encouraging and supporting multiple get togethers throughout the season (April-October).

I thought the problem with White Star was the camping is accross the street and we can't dive any old time we wanna.

It looks like I can dive both weekends as it looks right now and as far apart as they are at least for me the drive is almost the same.

I thought the problem with White Star was the camping is accross the street and we can't dive any old time we wanna.

While that's true, I do think it could be managed. Hang out at the campsites in the morning and evening/night, head to the quarry for diving and hang out in a group over there during the day. The flow and logistics would be a bit different then at Gilboa, but I do think it could work.

Whatever, I am out then. Sorry your life is so busy with your new MBA and teaching career. I would have brought up James' s birthday but I thought we were going out the night of which would have been Wednesday. The pub crawl thing came up over the weekend. Sorry to have upset the balance of your world. Enjoy Meet & Greet the weekend of April 15th I won't be there and don't worry I won't be calling in to see how things are going either.

What I am saying is that you and Ted can have the M&G whenever you want. I tried to accommodate what the majority wanted. That obviously wasn't good enough. Since you and Ted are the most vocal about it, you to pick whatever dates you like and call that the "GLWC Meet and Greet". That doesn't bother me in the least.

All I am saying is that I will be diving at Gilboa the weekend of the 15-17. If the M&G is then, so be it. If not, no biggie. It won't affect my plans.

From here on out I'll leave it in your hands. I'm done with the conversation.

[-]You Michigan boys just need to get along. Sometimes we look like a bunch of catty women.[/-] Oh wait, now the Michigan guys and all women are gonna hate me. Scratch what I just typed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom