GLWC Spring MeetNGreet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PvtStash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
April something yes?

Denny you got the numbers on this I'm guessin'...

what say you Ted? you "feelin' it" this year?

an please tell me the Oreo Balls will be making an appearance!

:)

Normally the M&G in the spring is on the third weekend in April. From our discussions just after the fall M&G that would be April 15-17th. That was what we had tenatively planned for and I think Denny discussed with Mike at Gilboa.

However, in discussing with some of the old guard... They were concerned that this is rather early in April and air temps might not be comfortable for wet divers. Unfortunately the next weekend (April 22-24th) is Easter weekend. So, I we really can't have it that weekend.

If we held off, that would push the M&G out to April 29th-May 1st.

What does everyone think of the April 15th-17th weekend? Is that too early?

I do think we should stay away from Easter Weekend. I know I won't be there if we do it that weekend. However, if I had a vote (which I don't think I do ... I'm still a new guy!) ... I'd vote for 4/29-5/1.

As of now I'm planning on being there. I can do either weekend but after Easter sounds at least a little warmer.

Hell, I'm gonna be tryin' to dive wet at Gilboa within the next few weeks pending ice. I'd vote 15/17 and will bring the Oreo Balls. That leaves Jenny to double the quantity or bring another killer entre!
Really want to attend but have commitments on 29/1.

Still not sure if I'm feeling it yet. Myself and Mitten and bonecrusher did have the discussion about the date. I do belive that the very last weekend in April 29th would be the best for everyone. Just my opinion so don't hold me to it.

Personally, I don't care which weekend we have it. It was my understanding that the weekend of the 15-17 was sort of etched in stone as the annual date for the Spring M & G. If you guys want to change the date to April 29 - May 1, we need to do that asap. I have to check with Mike to make sure there isn't something going on that weekend at the Quarry. We already know that we can't pick a weekend that will satisfy everybody, so we need to make a decision. One or two weeks are not going to make any significant difference in water temp. for wet divers anyways; air temp, maybe. My $.02 is to keep it the 3rd weekend in April, but if the majority want a change, I'm sure not opposed to it. So, let's hear from you all. Remember, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease." We need to hear especially hear from all you regulars who make the event every year.

Last edited:
Im ok with either date. I like the old guideline of it always being on the third weekend in April, but that doesn't mean we have to stick to it.

Denny... did you want to talk with Mike and see if the April 29- May 1 weekend even works for him? That may make the decision for us. If it is expected to be busy, I'd vote against it. I like it when we have the quarry to ourselves.

I'm available both weekends. I would be willing to go for the later date with the gamble of warmer and nice weather however I am completely ok with sticking to tradition. can we add a poll to the top of the thread for a vote? and be sure to set a definitive end date for voting?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom