GLWC Spring MeetNGreet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm fine with either like most everyone else.

Since the general consensus is nobody cares which day maybe we should just stick with the original date. just my 2 cents :cheers:

Ok, the Third weekend in April (15th-17th) is officially the GLWC MnG. We have 26 that have committed on the FB event board for that date, so I believe that's where it needs to stay. Does anyone want to take charge of the food lists and keep it updated here on SB? If so, let's hear from ya'. We're only 14 weeks out! :D

Sorry GLWC I am to be in Florida training over the week end.
Be sure to have a outrageous time for me!
Normally would not miss but training beckons and something about the water being 72º makes it a little easier.
Safe diving all,
CamG

Ok, the Third weekend in April (15th-17th) is officially the GLWC MnG. We have 26 that have committed on the FB event board for that date, so I believe that's where it needs to stay. Does anyone want to take charge of the food lists and keep it updated here on SB? If so, let's hear from ya'. We're only 14 weeks out! :D

You guys are going to freeze your behinds off. You can't go by how many has clicked on attending as set in stone. I know from expeience, you always got 30 to 40 that say they are coming then you end up with 20. Usually those 20 aren't even any of the ones that say they are coming. I just felt the later date would have been better for people in tents. And surface interval for wet suit divers. Since Denny has nothing better to dao then start planning for MNG 6 months too early this is what happens. He will star Friday of this one. Trying to get set up for fall. I think 6 weeks out is plenty of time to start planning. All those people who accepted on FB probably already forgot about it. You can see by the very few post here and little activity on FB about it. Its either to far out or it will be a small group. I think it the former. I also think the later date would attract more new people who don't have dry suits. Yes denny the water temps will be the same. But your hoping the later in the month will have a higher percent chance of nicer weather.

Now we need to chip in and get Denny. A decent calendar. It seems evey time we let him set a dat there is some holiday or event. Et el Halloween dive. This year Easter.. just sayn'

Ted, how many times did you chew my butt out because of me suggesting dates or forgetting the dates? :idk: Let me quote your words:

"Denny, you old man, how many times do I have to tell you that the Spring MnG is always the third weekend in April. I think your alzheimers is getting to you." or words to that effect.

If you guys want it the last weekend, fine; it doesn't matter to me in the least, just as long as we do have it. I thought this date was established just so we wouldn't have this yearly debate. just sayin'. I'm going silent here until 6 weeks out; you guys establish a consensus and I'll be there. Ted has some good points about shifting the MnG to the last weekend in April, so let the debate began. :popcorn: For me, establishing a date as early as possible helps so I don't contract a wedding for the MnG weekend like I did one year. That's ok; I'll just keep both weekends open until a decision is made. Easter is the 4th weekend in April this year; 22nd to the 24th. just sayin'.

You guys are going to freeze your behinds off. You can't go by how many has clicked on attending as set in stone. I know from expeience, you always got 30 to 40 that say they are coming then you end up with 20. Usually those 20 aren't even any of the ones that say they are coming. I just felt the later date would have been better for people in tents. And surface interval for wet suit divers. Since Denny has nothing better to dao then start planning for MNG 6 months too early this is what happens. He will star Friday of this one. Trying to get set up for fall. I think 6 weeks out is plenty of time to start planning. All those people who accepted on FB probably already forgot about it. You can see by the very few post here and little activity on FB about it. Its either to far out or it will be a small group. I think it the former. I also think the later date would attract more new people who don't have dry suits. Yes denny the water temps will be the same. But your hoping the later in the month will have a higher percent chance of nicer weather.

Now we need to chip in and get Denny. A decent calendar. It seems evey time we let him set a dat there is some holiday or event. Et el Halloween dive. This year Easter.. just sayn'

Last edited:
Let's not be snarky with each other. Rather, can we start a poll and then just go with the majority? I'd start it right now but I'm at work using Tapatalk on my iPhone.

Are you kidding!!! Why would I attend a M&G to dive in a Quarry??? :rofl3:

@Mitten so you can be present for my GLWC "pony-tank diver specialty" class and certification! gotta continue the tradition of GLWC certification courses!

Ted, how many times did you chew my butt out because of me suggesting dates or forgetting the dates? :idk: Let me quote your words:

"Denny, you old man, how many times do I have to tell you that the Spring MnG is always the third weekend in April. I think your alzheimers is getting to you." or words to that effect.

If you guys want it the last weekend, fine; it doesn't matter to me in the least, just as long as we do have it. I thought this date was established just so we wouldn't have this yearly debate. just sayin'. I'm going silent here until 6 weeks out; you guys establish a consensus and I'll be there. Ted has some good points about shifting the MnG to the last weekend in April, so let the debate began. :popcorn: For me, establishing a date as early as possible helps so I don't contract a wedding for the MnG weekend like I did one year. That's ok; I'll just keep both weekends open until a decision is made. Easter is the 4th weekend in April this year; 22nd to the 24th. just sayin'.

Denny you are correct I did say that. In this case though. The way the 1st day of April fell on Friday It is weekend one. It shouldn't have counted. The third weekend of April is actually the Easter weekend Holiday. Since that is a NO GO for everyone then it should have been automatically moved to The weekend following that which would have made it the weekend of the 29th.
Sitting around a campfire, after adult beverages and nitrogen build up and 6 or so months out isn't really the best time to be setting dates.

I dont really know why I even care. I more than likely will not be attending anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom