Go pro rigs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is my Gopro rig, a GoPro7 in a IQsub deep housing, 2 Scubalamp V6k12000 lumen lights mounted on a Dive X P1 Piranha with survey tube.

GoPro Rig2.jpg

Gopro Rig 1.jpg

Pretty cool setups. I going to get some extension arms for my lighting so it isn’t directly over the lenses but to the side at an 45 degree angle. Maybe another light especially now that I’m going to try night diving. Wish i could afford a dpv, don’t want to go with a cheap one and waste money.

My own DIY platform. Light and uses existing Go Pro accessories. Those sticky pads will not come off unless I use a large flat blade screwdriver to pry them off. To get any air bubbles out take the housing to 40m. Safety line is simply a sports shoe lace. When you are done diving just unscrew the handles and unclip the Go Pro and lights, fits in any laptop bag or back pack. Super Light and difficult to break. It has a great deal of flex.

Glides through the water, two handles for stability, can set it down to take video. Easy to track turtles and other larger marine life.

View attachment 625896 View attachment 625897 View attachment 625898

Here is my Gopro rig, a GoPro7 in a IQsub deep housing, 2 Scubalamp V6k12000 lumen lights mounted on a Dive X P1 Piranha with survey tube.

View attachment 626221

View attachment 626222

View attachment 626221

View attachment 626222

I "think" that's the most expensive camera tray I've ever seen:)

Not trying to hijack the thread (just learning a little myself), but where does everyone get there camera arms from and what lengths? I recently had some stuff shipped from China that I'm pretty happy with. Here is my older TG-1 on a tray. I know it's not a go pro or even a nice camera, but everything I have can be moved over to a better camera later.

The light can be moved over, but it's still only 6" at most away.

Not including the light or the camera I think it set me back $85 so far.

Edit: I lied, just looked it up, total was $101 with the camera trigger. That alone was $30 and I'm not even all that happy with it, but it works.

Attachments

• 20201121_170444.jpg
    20201121_170444.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 20201121_170500.jpg
    20201121_170500.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 111
That’s a pretty good setup. Ask away because I’m interested also

I "think" that's the most expensive camera tray I've ever seen:)

Not trying to hijack the thread (just learning a little myself), but where does everyone get there camera arms from and what lengths? I recently had some stuff shipped from China that I'm pretty happy with. Here is my older TG-1 on a tray. I know it's not a go pro or even a nice camera, but everything I have can be moved over to a better camera later.

The light can be moved over, but it's still only 6" at most away.

Not including the light or the camera I think it set me back $85 so far.

Edit: I lied, just looked it up, total was $101 with the camera trigger. That alone was $30 and I'm not even all that happy with it, but it works.

Pretty cool setups. I going to get some extension arms for my lighting so it isn’t directly over the lenses but to the side at an 45 degree angle. Maybe another light especially now that I’m going to try night diving. Wish i could afford a dpv, don’t want to go with a cheap one and waste money.

Where did you plan to get your arms, what lengths?

Patience on the dpv...at least that's what I keep telling myself:) I'd really like to get one at some point but I have so many other projects going related to scuba...it'll be a bit.

I’m looking to get it on Amazon probably. 6-8 inch most likely. Really only reason i want the dpv is for shore dives, i hate the swim out and in. Especially when the surface is a bit rough, that way i can swim out just deep enough to get buoyant pop my reg in my mouth and go to on my merry way with using minimal gas. Trust me i know the feeling, i have to make to build a tank rack capable of holding 20 tanks on my buddies boat. I have a group of friend who goes out on his boat almost every weekend and tanks are everywhere rolling around not safe at all.
Where did you plan to get your arms, what lengths?

Patience on the dpv...at least that's what I keep telling myself:) I'd really like to get one at some point but I have so many other projects going related to scuba...it'll be a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom