Goes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A2thaK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone done this Global Entry program through the Customs and Border Agency? After waiting for a hour in immigration to get my passport stamped behind a group with horrible BO, I thought it would be worth the $100 to be able to walk right through customs and immigration.

How long does it take for everything to process and do the interview?

You have to send in all the paperwork (I did it electronically) and wait to get through the first round of screening which takes a couple of weeks, then you schedule an interview at one of the locations (I did mine at the nearby international airport). The interview takes less than 30 min, including them showing you how to work the machine and putting the sticker in your passport. It's $100 for 5 years, and it is a pilot program. So right now it's not available in every international airport. I've already used it once. The flight that made me decide to get it was an experience like yours, where several of my friends missed their connection and we had to race to get to the gate. The first flight when I actually got to use it, the program got me no further ahead than my friends. So, it truely is random but for that one time when you need it, if $100 is worth you making your connection I say go for it. Just keep in mind that if you travel with friends or family and you are the only one who gets it, it only works if you leave them behind. :)

You have to send in all the paperwork (I did it electronically) and wait to get through the first round of screening which takes a couple of weeks, then you schedule an interview at one of the locations (I did mine at the nearby international airport). The interview takes less than 30 min, including them showing you how to work the machine and putting the sticker in your passport. It's $100 for 5 years, and it is a pilot program. So right now it's not available in every international airport. I've already used it once. The flight that made me decide to get it was an experience like yours, where several of my friends missed their connection and we had to race to get to the gate. The first flight when I actually got to use it, the program got me no further ahead than my friends. So, it truely is random but for that one time when you need it, if $100 is worth you making your connection I say go for it. Just keep in mind that if you travel with friends or family and you are the only one who gets it, it only works if you leave them behind. :)

My wife and I are both signing up for it, and she's the only person I would travel overseas with. Really, the only international traveling I have been doing lately is though IAH (which has GOES) to Mexico or the Carribean :D

So roughly 6-8 weeks from time I submit application until it is all finished?

Interesting... keep us posted. I wonder if this is a civilian TWIC?

Last edited:
We used it for the first time in March and it was great. Zoomed through all the lines in Houston. The only drawback is, you still have to wait for your baggage to get to the carousel. We usually are early to an airport, so our baggage is first on, last off. We travel out of the country at least 3 times a year, so it should be a stress reliever.

We used it for the first time in March and it was great. Zoomed through all the lines in Houston. The only drawback is, you still have to wait for your baggage to get to the carousel. We usually are early to an airport, so our baggage is first on, last off. We travel out of the country at least 3 times a year, so it should be a stress reliever.

We fly out of OKC, therefore we just connect in IAH. So, we should be able to schedule connections closer together, instead of playing it safe with a 4-5 hr layover. I am mainly interested because I HATE waiting in lines. $100 is worth it even if I only use it once to avoid waiting in a 45 min+ line, IMO.

Sorry, it's the TWIC Card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential). I hit the X by accident. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom