Going diving, hope it is warmer where you are.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bane51031

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just waiting for my divebuddy to arrive, air temp. 19 degrees good day for a dive I think? Hopefully will warm up a couple degrees during our 1 1/2 hour drive to the Lake.

Water temp 3 weeks ago was 41 degrees gotta be in the 30's now, I just wanted to rant I hate living in Iowa and especially hate the winters.Cannot wait to get back down south where it is warm.

At least the viz. will be decent only plus too the cold and at least I will be able to dive so life can't be all that bad, anyways hope it is warmer where you are diving today......

i just read this and thought ..... "19 degrees?, huh, it's 7 degrees here and we are still diving!"

then i realised you are talking farenheit

19 dgrees air and 30something water ...... you must be mad!!!

coldest i've done in a lake (less than two miles from my home :D) is 35 degrees air 35 degrees water at night

rant away - i hope you get back south soon

air temp. 19 degrees good day for a dive I think?1 1/2 hour drive to the Lake.

Water temp 3 weeks ago was 41 degrees gotta be in the 30's now

You are in farenheit huh? I mean really? Wow, we are freezing here. The water temp is now down to 24 celcius(that's 75 farenheit). I had to break out my 3 mil shortie. I whined.
I feel for you guys. I Have a drysuit. I don't use it much, well almost never, but all ya'll who dive it all summer and winter..... much respect to you all. I am so spoiled.

Hey, is this right ?? Minus 7o celsius ??? Are you a penguin or what ??? We don't get even close!!! when air temp is below 15o celsius in my city, people don't even go to work!! And what is this, -1o celsius water temp ??? Congratulations, I thought I loved diving, but you folks are really outstanding!!!!

I'm pretty sure the only place where you can experience minus 70 degrees celcius is antarctica.:wink:

FYI: 19 deg F = -7.22 deg C (or 265.92 deg K)
30 deg F = -1.11 deg C (or 272.03 deg K)

I imagine you won't have to worry about peeing in your wetsuit at those temps. Nothing to pee with.

I feel better now about the fact that the water temp here is 47 degrees (Fahrenheit) and the air temp is in the 30's.

Down right balmy. :D

Hey I dove yesterday in 1'c water. 60 Feet for 20 miniutes before my buddy's reg started acgting up. There was some floating thing ice sheets and the outside temp was 1'c 34'f. Crazy, no, we are northern divers and thats what we get this time of year. Good practice for the Ice diving course in Feb. Good thermo undies and drygloves and your all set....YEHAAAAAA.....

I'm pretty sure the only place where you can experience minus 70 degrees celcius is antarctica.:wink:

FYI: 19 deg F = -7.22 deg C (or 265.92 deg K)
30 deg F = -1.11 deg C (or 272.03 deg K)

:shakehead: Sorry, I intended to write minus 7 degrees celsius and minus 1 degree celsius, but couldn't find the superscript for the o... and then the o looks sooo much like a 0. But I wasn't so far, after all, was I ??? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom