going from 80al to 121 cubic foot steel tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sculler1x:
Instead of guessing, just use the following link and figure it out:

http://www.huronscuba.com/gear/cylinders.htm

That's a cool link and all, but he should just weight himself. He may not have been spot on with 80 anyways - so why not just get 100% on point now? Like I said - I'd start with zero weight and make sure you don't have air trapped anywhere in your BC or wing.

Gabriel90512:
i have a dacor tallon bcd that has 31lbs of lift ...

do i need to get something with more lift?

Not if you are weighted right. But don't do anything stupid like jump in with a full tank and 25lbs of lead or you might be in trouble, espically since you are diving a big steel tank with a wet suit. Make sure you can swim that thing up without putting air in your BC.

Scuba_Dave:
I have steel 98's & dropped 6lbs with the tank
I weigh 245 Lbs and use 20 pounds diving with a steel 95 and a 7mm wet suit with a 5mm jump over it. I love these tanks. I always have extra air diving...Artie

Gabe,
I dove a steel 120 a week or so ago. I took off 5 lbs and it worked out ok. I might have been able to take off a few more, say 7 or 8 pounds, but I'd say start by taking off at least 5 less than you would use for an alum 80.
John C.

Gabriel90512:
I'm going to be using a 121 steel tank for the first time ...
I dive AL 80 .. 100% of the time ....

I want to be safe .. how much led can I take off

B-day girft from my girl ...

jchaplain:
Gabe,
I dove a steel 120 a week or so ago. I took off 5 lbs and it worked out ok. I might have been able to take off a few more, say 7 or 8 pounds, but I'd say start by taking off at least 5 less than you would use for an alum 80.
John C.

John your back :) .. how was the trip out west .....
long time no dive lol

Back
Top Bottom